Is Giles really a keeper?

Discussion in 'AFL' started by TigersTooTough, May 18, 2012.

1. TigersTooTough

TigersTooTough Administrator

Will Jonathon Giles really be worth keeping the whole year? His current form says yes and he is a mature age recruit meaning he won't drop off like Zac Smith. Coming up to byes though the problem is Giles sharing a bye round with my other ruckman Nic Nat. Is it worth copping the donuts (or donut if reserve plays) or ship him out just before his bye round? I am sure many people are wondering what to do with him as well....

2. Gonaddz

Gonaddz Member

I'm keeping him unless he starts playing really bad. Like the old saying goes........"If it aint broke it don't need fixing".

3. BennyC88

BennyC88 Member

I have H-Mac, Kruezer and Giles (along with Big O) as my ruck unit. Hate seeing a bigger score on the bench each time. It's a huge dilemma on what to do with that situation...

4. The_Swert

The_Swert Active Member

I am planning to trade him at this stage but that may change.

5. H_Dons

H_Dons New Member

I downgraded Hale to big O a few weeks ago because I got sick of Giles outscoring Hale everytime Mcauley played.

So now I plan to keep Giles - will be easy enough to trade him out if he drops off later in the season.

6. dadrulz

dadrulz Member

Current setup is Sandi/Kruezer/Giles/Redden - no-one going anywhere until after the byes. Then it will depend on form and how much cash I need.

7. TheOnion

TheOnion Member

Keeping him until after Rd 10 at least <leading into his bye>. Better ruckman out there but most have started the season running on 3 cylinders. This will change.

8. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

One thing about rookies, if they keep hitting their BE and the BE stays under their average, you have to probably keep them.

9. NedFlanders

NedFlanders Active Member

I expect I may cut him once we're through the bye rounds.
    He's doing a great job for me at the moment.
    However I do expect him to run out of puff as the season wears on.

10. HotPiesColdDrinks

HotPiesColdDrinks Member

I was thinking yesterday on whether I will trade Giles or keep him as my R3 for the rest of the season.

I have Sandi/Cox/Giles/Redden

Giles has filled in a few times for me this season. At this stage, I think I am going to keep him as my R3 for as long as possible.

11. silacious

silacious New Member

I'm gonna keep him, gotter big dramas than selecting under performing rucks. Kruezer is stinking it up

12. warsaken

warsaken Active Member

As far as i see it, he is 1 round from mooing, and i need the cash to get danger (if i decide to hold smurf). So he is more than likely gone for jenkins this week for me. I just need Redden to play round 11!! (Sandi/NicNat my others)

13. Thunda

Thunda New Member

I think i'll keep him. Unless you have a few trades to burn, to get the cash. I think for most of us the trades could be better used else were.