Is it time for Ledger and Dickson to go Walkabout?

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Gonaddz, Apr 23, 2012.

1. Gonaddz

Gonaddz Member

Have these 2 guys which seem to be a waste so is it smart to trade 1 or both out? I'm sure I'm not the only one in this situation.

If they were to be taken out could a few names be thrown around, cheers.

2. KTBFFH

KTBFFH New Member

Dickson for Treloar.

Not sure what to do with Ledger myself. If he plays, will probably cop the vest. If he doesn't cop the vest, should be good for 70+ points.

3. Gonaddz

Gonaddz Member

Ahh I C Cheers, so you think leave in Dickson and hang on Ledger for a bit. Very tough this week as GAJ is out for at least 2 weeks

4. Steve

Steve Moderator Staff Member

I will doing the following this week

Ledger > Old MacDonald

Dickson > Treloar

I will have to give the Ablett situation some further thought but at this stage I will hold onto him.

5. KTBFFH

KTBFFH New Member

if you want the two top cash cows for the week, the above post is spot on

6. Gonaddz

Gonaddz Member

Steve!! Great Advice. I also wanted to ask you about Pfeiffer as you are a Port supporter, what do you think of him? will he get a few games this year?

7. Steve

Steve Moderator Staff Member

I have never rated Pfeiffer. I have seen a fair bit of him in the SANFL as well. Having said that, he did do ok on Saturday. His disposal is always his downfall, he can get the hard ball but does not know how to use it. Based on saturday's game, he will definitely play this week but I dont know if he will be in the team long term.

8. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Id be trading Ledger if you have him. Jason Gram is back in form in VFL and also Farren Ray was impressive yesterday and they'd be ahead of him now.

9. Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog Guest

Double Barrel Both Of Them..

Chick-Chick-Boom !!

10. H_Dons

H_Dons New Member

Making the Ledger/Dickson move too. Which means I'm holding onto Fyfe...please just go in for surgery so I can turn you into Pendles next week, thankyou.

11. Marcus45

Marcus45 New Member

The ledger\\macdonald and Dickson/treloar trade is obvious, but I'm hesitant cause I'm wondering how many cash cows is too many. I.e u can't cash them all. I already have Bugg, Clarke, Morris, Ellis, magner, Shiel, Kennedy, d.smith, reddenK, stephenson, Stanley, Giles. That's 12 right there (also have ledger and Dickson). So with 12 cows at the front of the queue what's the point of adding more.?? Especially as Dickson and ledger are likely to get opportunities sometime in the future , especially Dickson.

Personally I'll. be adding macdonald, but prob at the expense of one of those cows who has already appreciated a little(maybe Shiel) so it's not a total wasted trade. I may change my mind if I look like copping donuts.

Just my 2 cents

12. The_Swert

The_Swert Active Member

Regardless of whether they are cash cows or not, you need playing emergencies to cover injuries etc.

I got rid of Ledger two weeks ago for Milera and I'll most likely scrap Dickson for Treloar this week. (Always had Macca, i'm surprised you guys didn't start with him).

13. Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog Guest

I need to go to "Traders Anonymous" the way Im going... Trading is my crack.. What a rush... !

P.S Drugs = Bad

14. Marcus45

Marcus45 New Member

I agree 'sweet', but pending selections this week these new recruits may just be providing bench depth at the moment. Think id rather focus on my upgrades and in 3-4 weeks time if I look like copping a zero then trade in the rookie of the moment then

Also I have GWS overload at the moment. Irrelevant for dickson re: the byes, but ledger may be very handy come round 11. If not him playing, then maybe trading him for a relevant non Gws fwd/mid playing at that round

15. Corks

Corks Member

<blockquote>Quote from Dirty Dog on April 23, 2012, 15:33
    I need to go to "Traders Anonymous" the way Im going... Trading is my crack.. What a rush... !
    </blockquote>

Hahaha...love it: Spot on. I did an anger trade last week - Mummy to Sandi - and I nearly had an orgasm as I hit the big green "Complete Trade" button.

Agree with all the posters here, if there is no Ledger / Dickson in the side this week then its time for another crack rush. Ooohhh please be left out, I need another one...

16. Superwolf

Superwolf New Member

St Kilda Thunda spot on! Ray and Gram are now ahead of Ledger. Shame as he was impressive in the NAB. Old McDonald and Treloar, get them in asap!

Check out out website dedicated to SuperCoach and AFL betting.

www.aflaftermath.com.au

On this week's podcast we have Bluebloods, ranked #15th overall in SuperCoach. Don't miss it!

Cheers

The Wolf

17. SuperCoachSuperStar

SuperCoachSuperStar New Member

Will Ledger play much this season?

18. Oodles

Oodles New Member

1. Corks...thats gold.
    2. Ledger didn't get named in the best in the twos so gone for me.
    3. Rack off Superwolf, we don't need to be reading your self-advertising on this site.

19. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Ledger was always a risk for mine, couldn't see him breaking into the Saints side and a vest magnet.

Ledger to go.

Dickson may get a few games later and be a slow burner.

20. Gonaddz

Gonaddz Member

Nice one Nick you just made my decision a whole lot easier!

Ledger to go for OldMac

Dick to hang around for a bit just to see what pops up.