Jack Riewoldt yes/no

Discussion in 'AFL' started by nibbo22, Apr 19, 2011.

1. nibbo22

nibbo22 New Member

hi guys just tossing up weather or not to get jack rewoldt this week thinking of trading chris knights and krack head for rewoldt and didak and got the funds to do the switch. Rewoldts price is just to tempting, or should i hold off and go for someone like higgans whos probly alot more consistant

2. CHUD

CHUD New Member

i ditched knights a few weeks ago for tapscott. you'd think riewoldt and didak would ave more than knights 64.5... so id do the trade. the only advantage of keeping him is that adelaide have already had the bye. plus he could be a decent slow burner if he gradually improves.

though having said that j riewoldt seems very risky atm.. maybe didak for knights??

just my two cents.

3. swerva3

swerva3 New Member

Riewoldt ($343,900) - BE 101

Plays: Kangas, Bris, Freo & WB next four weeks and no bye until R11.

Didak ($440,300) - BE 113

Plays: Ess, WB, Bye, Geelong next four weeks

I'm also looking seriously at J Roo as i like the teams he's coming up against and i think his BE of 101 is very achievable for the next two weeks at least. A straight swap for Knights ($250,700) looks a good deal but i wouldnt trade out a potential keeper for him.

Didak will score well v Ess but the WB, bye and then Geelong worry me for scoring momentum...reckon he might fall to $400k.

Hope that helps

4. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

J.Riewoldt will likely fall further in price from his current level. Doesn't suggest a good time to get on right now. Higgins would be a better player to jump on.

5. banz

banz New Member

Maybe Jason, break even of 100 odd is doable though and most of the heavy losses have been booked.

Like to move Krak into jroo, but scratching for the damn money, have tappy and knights but really want to hang onto them for a while yet.

$%@#^#^#

6. VanderHaar

VanderHaar New Member

after 14 hours of maths and study last round and now need of glasses (supercoach is a harsh mistress ) and finding a lti replacement for jbrown (and settling for the third player i wanted for extra cash for this round ) this round i wanted a straight swap of cash in bank and either richardson/mckernan for jroo i missed by 7k

my only other option now is tappy for jroo which then will stuff up my plans for r7/r8
    and tappy been scoring too well even tho he has a bye this week

this game should come with a straight jacket

7. Jason

Who are the rest of your FWDs VanderHaar?

8. VanderHaar

VanderHaar New Member

saint nick , buddy , goodes , silvia , darlun ,mckernan , tappy , matera , dixon , richardson

mkernan puts me 7k off a 1 click trade
    richardson around 16 k

i set myself up for a cash league and players for bye rounds but being under 500 points of the overall leader i wanted to avoid a duck egg in the forward line this week
    but not going to double trade for it
    ahhhhhh so close but yet so far
    no mpp to mids avail yet either

9. spud

spud New Member

I wouldn't get rid of Tapscott yet, Vander.

You had him as a cash cow to appreciate and make you some money, and he is still going a mighty fine job of it. He has plenty of coin left to make as well.

10. VanderHaar

VanderHaar New Member

yer cheers spud , i would have done it for any of the other players under tapp or darling

at the moment id be happy to use 3 trades to swap dixon for jroo lol

11. Jason

I think hold on all your FWDs this week. Even if J.Riewoldt manages to get his BE of 100-ish he isn't going to change upwards in price much. And in this case still isn't going to go up in price more than each of your rookies (Tapscott and Darling excepted because of the bye) are going to rise.

What is your cash in hand from the J.Brown LTI trade? Suggest that there might be a better line to use it on than your FWD line.

12. VanderHaar

VanderHaar New Member

i have 179k i have only 1 mid pricer in my team no kraks , no ottens , no dangermouses , no goddard ( yet )

think ill just set me bench and hope that mkrnan , richardson jumps enough to 1 trade him next week and hope jroo doesnt score 150 this week

13. GeneralHodge

GeneralHodge New Member

Yes in a couple of weeks when his price has completely bottomed out. Still has more to drop. Finding the extra cash from a rookie though may be a little hard. None of the rookies will have reached their price potential to do it.

14. Jason

If you can wait two more weeks, with that sort of cash on hand you might be able to double-rookie trade into Chapman as he comes off the R6 bye into R7.

One might need to be a rookie from another line perhaps, but if Hibberd is available (as a downgrade target) there should be plenty of rookies options to cull from the rest of your team?

15. VanderHaar

VanderHaar New Member

yer jas i got a couple slow burns and 3 guys that should cash up quickly
    just buckly is an issue at the moment tho im willing to hold him till i see someone else have 2 games b4 i axe him
    doggies look like they have some problems this week and possibly the flu going around

well ill hold off on jroo till next week and try for maybe chappy / or mundy r7