John Browns body.........

Discussion in 'AFL' started by TerryinBangkok, Mar 26, 2011.

1. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

J. Brown has been named to captain Brisbane this week. This follows a zero NAB and limited preparation. Similar things could be said about Chappy, GAJ and Hodge. However, Brownie usually plays with just a slight ounce more pride than most. The Lion’s selected team for R1 will be up against the wall and there is every chance Brownie will try to win it off his own boot. Not a great deal of collective experience in DEF for Freo at the moment as well. Could he just rip out a big one at the Gabba?

Know he is under serious consideration from Lucas, but he is not cheap at 475,300 (for example, you would need another 100k to get from Higgins to Brown). So what is the best strategy; go all out and try and get him in now, or wait in the hope that he may drop to around the 400k mark? Should we consider that having a Brisbane player is handy for the byes? Does the fact that so many teams look so alike make it worth the risk to go for Brownie as a unique choice, or will people prefer to jump on the flash from Jack Riewoldt instead?

2. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

I think Brown went to hospital with a fractured cheekbone last night. SC score was low, meaning his price will come down before it heads north (if at all) this year.

3. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

His body held up great, it's just hi...

wait, no- if I finish that gag, Brown will track me down and destroy me- he is tough as nails!

I heard that he didn't want to leave the ground!

4. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Doc Larkins was saying it's going to be a month min on sidelines.. So maybe he'll be back just after Lions bye. Looked good from what I saw just dead set unlucky. Should bottom out at perfect time when our fwd rookies have nearly reached their potential..

5. crew

crew New Member

I'm worried with the delivery quality the big fella will get this year..........Still on the fence with this bloke.

6. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

Perhaps he will return around R10 and be fired up. Facial injury means he can still train to a certain extent. By the time he does come back maybe the Lions will have improved considerably on delivery.

Just rotten luck for him and Selwood.