Jonathon Griffin

Discussion in 'AFL' started by hawks2008, Jul 11, 2011.

1. hawks2008

hawks2008 Member

Thinking of upgrading Zac Smith to this guy. Was wondering if hell still be in the team if sandi comes back, which will be in the SC finals?

2. jibba

jibba Member

Even if he is, he won't be scoring any where near as much with Sandi in the side.

I would look towards Jolly, Mumford, McEvoy or wait for the return of Sandi.

3. DC

DC Member

Yeah... The only concern with Griffin is that Sandi will come back into the side and there goes his spot in the team...

If Sandi was out for the year I would of jumped on him 2 weeks ago...

4. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

<blockquote>Quote from hawks2008 on July 11, 2011, 10:49
    Thinking of upgrading Zac Sith to this guy. Was wondering if hell still be in the team if sandi comes back, which will be in the SC finals?</blockquote>

If you do be prepared for Revenge of the Sith

5. JPK

JPK Moderator Staff Member

From a guy with Griffin in his ruck, I'm going to tell you that he's been worth the trouble for me over the last few weeks! Part of me is hoping that Sandi takes even longer this time, especially since Freo rushed him back and it just made things worse! Plus, if Griffin continues on as he's been doing he'll be worth an absolute bucket-load very soon :)

6. hawks2008

hawks2008 Member

<blockquote>Quote from jibba on July 11, 2011, 10:55
    Even if he is, he won't be scoring any where near as much with Sandi in the side.

I would look towards Jolly, Mumford, McEvoy or wait for the return of Sandi. </blockquote>

Yeah was also looking at Jolly, but his form hasnt been great. Maybe ill wait a couple of weeks to see if he gets into some form for the last few weeks after his injury

7. Western_Demons

Western_Demons New Member

Griffen in now could require an additional upgrade at the end of the year, so only if you have the trades.

I was also shocked looking at jolly's past sc years and he has never ave over 100. I'm gonna hold smith and upgrade him to an inform ruck just b4 finals.

8. 22nd_best_on_Field

22nd_best_on_Field New Member

At almost 400k I don’t think griffin’s your answer (unless you’re somewhere in the 20 – 100th overall category when his POD could be gold); you’d think on recent form he’d retain his spot but when sandy came back last time, griffin was dropped straight away (at the time he was averaging 108, after three consecutive SC 100’s), which would suggest his JS is absolute junk in that it’s got sweet FA to do with his form, but rather he’s the best "non giant" ruckman they have but they still can’t or won’t play both.

9. TopHeavy

TopHeavy Member

Looks like Sandi is aiming to play next weeeeek

10. JPK

JPK Moderator Staff Member

@ 22nd

Griffin was actually (supposedly) injured the week Sandi came back, so it was "pure coincidence" that he didn't play that week, according to the Freo guys.

I have a vested interest in Griffin knocking out tonnes until round 24, so I just hope that when Sandi is "good to go", Freo think about leaving a well-performing Griffin in the team, and go for a true 2-man ruck combo (it works well for my boys just down the road!)

I think its too late to bring him in now, there's too many question marks over his JS. If Sandi was definitely going to be out for the rest of the year, you'd almost have to bring in Griffin - a premium ruck for less than 400k, on face value its a no brainer!

11. meataxe

meataxe Guest

<blockquote>Quote from TopHeavy on July 12, 2011, 17:05
    Looks like Sandi is aiming to play next weeeeek</blockquote>

Can't believe they're even considering risking him after the debacle of a few weeks ago.

Freo, Griffin is doing a good job - he averages as much as Sandi does in SC, so just let Sandi fully recover before starting him again in the finals kthnxbai

12. petefisker

petefisker New Member

He has s sexy BE
    yummy yummy cash ;)
    He's serving me well.

13. TopHeavy

TopHeavy Member

@ meataxe
    It would make it easier for all if there was some clarity with when he will return and what his performances will be like. And surely SCers should have some clout in the decision.