Juddy for $450,000 after R15 anyone?

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Tigertime, Jun 15, 2012.

1. Tigertime

Tigertime New Member

After last nights shocker vs his old mates, Juddy will be at $450,000 after round 15 if he continues his pre West Coast game average of 108. Anyone interested? I am and ill tell you why...

Ratten said he has been playing under a cloud and lets be honest, without Murphy and Carrazo in the middle of late, the heat is on him more than usual. With a few Carlton players coming back and also the bye week to rest up, youd think with Carltons list they will get a few wins down the stretch.

They also have a pretty good run home and will need to play everyone to make finals so the chances of Juddy being rested are greatly decreased. They do have Hawthorn and Collingwood in R14 and 15 but these games will have the 47 in the cycle so its not the worst time to have them for a potential pick up point of view.

Check out their run home before writing of the underperforming Judd/Carlton:
    R16 North Melbourne
    R17 Dogs
    R18 Richmond
    R19 Sydney (home)
    R20 Brisbane (home)
    R21 Essendon
    R22 Gold Coast
    R23 Saint Kilda

Years of top flight footy may be catching up with the great man but at $450,000 and the above draw, not the worst M6 out there. There is of course the chance that Carlton keep losing and the scores arent there for Carlton players but I reckon they can win 6 of those last 8. (Richmond to beat them of course!)

With the amount of injuries out there this year, the need to pick up cheap players is even more important to save $$$ for other parts of the ground. You may even be able to do a Treloar to Judd for $50,000 if Treloar punches out a few big scores in the next couple.

Buy low, sell high! What are peoples thoughts?

2. Owen

Owen Well-Known Member

If it only costs 50g to go Treloar to Judd then I'm in and the Juddster can be my M7. I did the same last year and had Bartel as M7, only problem with it was whoever I put on the bench always seemed to outscore at least one of my other starting midfielders.

3. Hellraisers

Hellraisers New Member

Argh this is killing me, I've had Judd AND Priddis from the start! Could've saved $400k to pick them both up at their basement prices.

Judd is a gun, and he's been playing "sore", so for $450k you can't go wrong, but you take the risk his bad form could continue. Its hard to recommend someone that's keeps burning me every week, but knowing that he's carrying something makes me feel a bit better, and he can punch out a 135+ score if he comes good.

4. Chicko

Chicko New Member

I'm a big fan of the buy low, but with Priddis his cheap price came about a score in the mid-80's and an injury affected (concussion and hence subbed) score in the 30's. If you take that injury affected score out, his average was about 110.

Judd's scores have come from being tagged out of the game but I will be watching as he could be an absolute bargain.

5. The_Swert

The_Swert Active Member

Could be a good option for people.

However with Priddis I have already completed my midfield however and don't think I can afford to have a luxury M7. Although if one of my starting mids goes down he would make a great replacement.

6. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

First question to ask is what is wrong with him. It's not just the tags.

7. gogonz

gogonz New Member

<blockquote>Quote from TerryinBangkok on June 15, 2012, 16:25
    First question to ask is what is wrong with him. It's not just the tags.</blockquote>

Spot on TiB. If he is injured, I wouldn't be bringing him in.

8. jibba

jibba Member

Definitely don't bring him in. Had a POOR preseason.
    Just won't score the same as previous years.

9. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

need to see over next few weeks if he improves at all, but fairly sure Ill be bringing him in as last mid upgrade. Old McDolnald to Judd after R15 should only cost about &#36;65k

10. Ratmata

Ratmata Member

No chance, unless we're talking about Oscar?

GAJ, Swan, Pendles, Boyd, Priddis, Stanton, Shiel, Old Mac.(SC)
    GAJ, Swan, Pendles, Boyd, Thompson, Horse, Shiel, Old Mac (DT)

Although Stanton could be a sideways during finals if he doesn't pull his finger out.