Jude Bolton???

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Smarch, Apr 4, 2011.

1. Smarch

Smarch Member

I know it is early, and the teams played against are not top 4 material, but could Bolton step up to Elite?

Appears to be moving forward like most midfielders and has kicked goals in each game, still tackles well and steps up at key moments in a game (key in SC). Has always been a good player but is he able to keep up the consistency?

With everyone focused on Kirk having left and thinking that Jack would have to pick up the slack I think we may all have missed the old warhorse being the one to step up.

May be jumping the gun but with only 3 resent top 4 teams until round 14 he could be a good POD for an upgrade, especially given his 198 this week.

2. Fez

Fez Moderator

Don't chase last weeks points, he scored really high by scoring the winning goal I won't b touching him

3. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

Kicking the winning goal was worth +50 for Bolton, no question.

4. LiQuiD_SiXx

LiQuiD_SiXx Active Member

Jude pulled out a similar massive score against the bombers last year. i wouldnt read too much into it

5. Smarch

Smarch Member

True, I know this is a stretch but even minus the winning goal he would have a 148, which again is a great score for anyone not Swan, Pendles or a good Ruck from last week. (Side note, could Elite score jump up with how scores have been going from the first 2 weeks? Or make a new Swan grading?)

Not really feeling that this will happen, but can't see any other Swan from the last 2 weeks stepping up like he has, but it has only been 2 weeks and they have 22 more regular season games to play, with teams that have decent taggers too.

6. Burly

Burly New Member

Any merit in the trade into Jude as a means of making $ over the next month or so, then trading into J Selwood? I did the same thing with Kerr a few years back when he got 220 or so.

Anyone else think this could be a smart play?

7. LiQuiD_SiXx

LiQuiD_SiXx Active Member

definately NOT a smart play. using trades on shuffling premiums this early in the season isnt beneficial.

i would only consider a move like this late in the season and if i had spare trades up my sleeve.

8. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Take the advice - don't chase last week's points. Jude has the odd huge game but won't be able to sustain a decent average.

9. DC

DC Member

Agree with everyone, dont chase last weeks points.

Damn Jude Bolton kicking the winning goal!