Keep Goddard as captain 120 points or change to Swan?

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Strawney, Apr 22, 2011.

1. Strawney

Strawney New Member

I'm using the captain loophole and wondering if 120points from Goddard is enough to hold onto him or should I change it to Swan?

2. martyg

martyg Well-Known Member

I have the same dilemma Strawney, I am going to change to swan...

3. Pattay

Pattay New Member

Swan swan swannie..... At worst u wont loose much points even if he doesnt fire.

4. Sainter

Sainter New Member

I've gone with Swan, thinking if he gets another 150 I'll be regretting leaving Goddard Captain! But the plan anyway was if he scores 135-140+ than make Goddard captain, so I have gone with Swanny.

5. crew

crew New Member

166, 152, 108, 163...........Hmmmmmmm let me think about it for about 1/2 a sec imo. The lockiest of locks !.

6. grechs

grechs New Member

Yep..I agree. same decision made here. Goddard was a good bet for a blinder, and whilst he did really well, I would say the odds on Swan doing same or better a good...providing he does not get injured or subbed of course. Whilst the 120 bird in the hand is fine, I will pump for the bird in the bush, so it is back to Mr Swan for me

7. DC

DC Member

Swan no doubt.

Goddard was quiet in the second half could of been a massive score for him.

Happy with Montagna back in form!

8. way2serious

way2serious New Member

yeh i would have to say for me this is an easy choice. unless injury strikes even a bad day for swan will end with close to 120, so i am willing to risk just a few points as i would kill myself if i left BG captain and swan pulled out 180 (very likely). i really expect swan to get atleast 120 :)

9. Bearfly

Bearfly Moderator Staff Member

Got the same dilemma - but i'm also wondering what if the Bombers use Hocking to shut down Swan - he done a pretty good job on Judd last week!!!

10. swerva3

swerva3 New Member

Im a bombers man and Hocking would be happy if Swan gets 25 disposals!! Add a couple of goals and some contested possessions in there and BINGO 130+.

I agree with all and will take the punt on Swan stepping up on the big stage of ANZAC day...probably wants that medal too...