L Hodge

Discussion in 'AFL' started by yt, May 19, 2011.

1. yt

yt New Member

is luke hodge too risky this year? cheap as chips right now and looks to bed a POD the way things are going

2. Xenomorph

Xenomorph Moderator

Risk vs reward. If it were to come off (and Hodgey says he's O.K., but I don't trust anything the Hawks say about injuries anymore) it could be a top move. He's capable of 110+ if he's right and at $443 800 is as cheap as you'll ever get him. B/E of about 100 next week. However, a POD is no use with a dodgy achilles!

3. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

I reckon you have to really consider Hodge as a POD honestly I do.

If all the talk of him doing extra work at training (returning to correct loading rather than taking most of the session off) then he could run into a rich vein of form soon.

Hawks have GC twice from Round 13. Worth considering for sure as your M6 compared to Boyd for example.

I would wait this round out (v Syd) and maybe next (v WC) then consider getting him in Round 11.

That said I reckon his price will go up 15k in that time. At 460 still unarguably cheap if he can rack up 110 ppg.

4. Xenomorph

Xenomorph Moderator

It used to be much easier in previous years when you could just put Hodgey at D3 or so and forget about it!

Now the question is - will he match or exceed the Mundys & Swans in the mids? Maybe. Capacity is there.

He's one of those players like J.Brown or Boomer that everyone loves and is great to watch and barrack for if he's in your side.

5. yt

yt New Member

such a tough decision especially with just the one spot left in my mids once i get gazza next week,

at the moment trying to toss up between a dirt cheap and great POD hodge or pendles or boyd

6. Xenomorph

Xenomorph Moderator

yt - with GAJ coming into your midfield you already have quite a bit of risk already IMHO.
    Depends on how much of a thrillseeker you are, I guess.
    Mind you, I traded Brady Rawlings in last week, so what do I know.

7. yt

yt New Member

all boils down to risk V reward i guess

8. DC

DC Member

I got Mitchell already and seeing i am just going for a league win dont see the risk in picking up hodge...

Worried enough as it is if hawks players get 'rested' round 24 against GC

9. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

That is a scary thought. Losing Buddy or Rioli for a

Hodge is cheap as the budgie but you really have to consider if he will be top7 mids.

Swan, Pendles, Boyd, Mundy, Selwood, Watson would seem to be locked in as the top 6.

Mitchell/Hodge/Bartel/Montags all fighting for that last spot it would seem.

10. weazel

weazel Member

i wouldn't be worried if hes not in top 7 mids after all it's what they score for you when you have them that matters

11. yt

yt New Member

nick, forgot one player - juddy

12. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Yep true Judd will be in there so less likely for Hodge to be.

True also about wanting them to score well from when you get them but I still think even averaging from here on in Hodge may not be in top 7. But getting him at his cheaper price may allow you to get a better player in another line that may give you the edge.

13. TopHeavy

TopHeavy Member

Exactly, for me it's going to be impossible to have the top6/7 prems in each position. Getting Hodge now is a risk but a POD and might allow for an extra prem in my team. Plus the guy is a legend and you just want to see him do well.

14. The_Swert

The_Swert Active Member

<blockquote>Quote from Nick on May 19, 2011, 16:34
    Swan, Pendles, Boyd, Mundy, Selwood, Watson would seem to be locked in as the top 6.</blockquote>

Why do people keep ignoring Priddis? He's above Watson, Ablett, Judd and Hodge this year.

15. Xenomorph

Xenomorph Moderator

Swert - I just don't think than anyone thinks the budgies will finish top 6 or so and this is where you want your midfielders to come from. Game against Freo last week has changed my mind about this.
    Plus unless you have foxtel, you don't see many eagles games. Out of sight, out of mind.
    That said, I reckon the dunny brush is a good pick at M5 or M6 and unique with only about 11k coaches having him in their side.
    Perhaps just a touch overpriced at the moment.

16. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Was just off the top of my head, and Priddis is not often there. But true, he belongs there, has been in stellar form.