Lack of Future Backline Downgrades

Discussion in 'AFL' started by maxweas, May 21, 2011.

1. maxweas

maxweas New Member

I have been putting finishing touches on my plan and I am finding it very difficult to find potential downgrades in the backline.

Having a look through the preseason scores of the top 16 rookies only 3 are yet to play 3 games - Hibberd, Puopolo and L Delaney. Hibs and Poo both are on the bubble this week and Delaney is debuting.

The defender rookies (<150K) to play 2 or more preseason games (33) and not have played 2 so far are:
    • Luke Delaney (First Game this week)
    • Christian Howard
    • Tom Gillies
    • James Strauss
    • Peter Faulks
    • Jayden Schofield
    • Tom Simpkin
    I am struggling to see a high likelihood of any of these becoming good targets.

I still need to downgrade 3 backline players to get my maximum upgrades. Given the poor potential future downgrades, I may have to downgrade 2 this week.

What are other's thoughts? Is there anyone out there that I am missing?

2. Whyt_ee

Whyt_ee New Member

howard late replacement this week for dogs

3. bfish

bfish New Member

Don't forget Ben Jacobs. Didn't play in the PS.

4. maxweas

maxweas New Member

Further to this the forward line has 15 rookie players that played 2 preseason games and after this round will have played 2 or less. Including some good looking targets like: Mzungu, Callinan, I Smith, T Lynch, & potentially Daw.

In the mids there are 18 (including the MPPS) including: Mzungu, Callinan, I Smith, Simpkin and a number of others and Beams and Irons who depending on when they return (one due to injury the other due to lack of LTIs) could be targets at just a small premium.

5. maxweas

maxweas New Member

Yes missed Jacobs. Howard can't get a game with the injuries that WB have but may be a option.

That means after this round the options will potentially be limited to Jacobs, Howard and Delaney and in 3 rounds time just Howard. Still pretty slim pickings...

6. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

i'm not too bothered if thats the case

it will mean that we will be upgrading our defensive cows and downgrading our mid/fwd cows

the main thing is that there are hopefully some solid downgrade options on the bubble over the next 2-4 weeks

7. DC

DC Member

Very interesting...

Maybe a double downgrade this week perhaps

8. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

<blockquote>Quote from maxweas on May 20, 2011, 14:12
    I have been putting finishing touches on my plan and I am finding it very difficult to find potential downgrades in the backline.

Having a look through the preseason scores of the top 16 rookies only 3 are yet to play 3 games - Hibberd, Puopolo and L Delaney. Hibs and Poo both are on the bubble this week and Delaney is debuting.

The defender rookies (&#60;150K) to play 2 or more preseason games (33) and not have played 2 so far are:
    • Luke Delaney (First Game this week)
    • Christian Howard
    • Tom Gillies
    • James Strauss
    • Peter Faulks
    • Jayden Schofield
    • Tom Simpkin
    I am struggling to see a high likelihood of any of these becoming good targets.

I still need to downgrade 3 backline players to get my maximum upgrades. Given the poor potential future downgrades, I may have to downgrade 2 this week.

What are other's thoughts? Is there anyone out there that I am missing?</blockquote>

are any of these still in line to be blooded late in the season??

9. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

TALIA