Last mid spot - need some help

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Havoc, Jun 3, 2011.

1. Havoc

Havoc New Member

so i put the question forward two weeks ago over who to get out of judd or mundy in my mid and was quite impressed with the quality of the responses.

So now it comes time to upgrade my last mid and i have a few choices and figured ill put it to you guys again.

So first off mids i have; Pendles, Boyd, Mundy, Montagna, Selwood.

So the plan all along was to get Swan as my last mid but after current form and injury concerns ive started to doubt the plan and look at other options.

So im leaning towards Hodge or S Thompson but are they truly better options than swan.

Trying to stay away from judd/murphy/watson for the finals as im out of running for overall

2. Golingo

Golingo New Member

If you need to upgrade this week in the MID, then I would agree look past Swan.

Thompson has the consistent performance all year. Hodge has started to reach his true gun form, and has potential to make a lot of coaches happy in the coming weeks... or break down.

If you can wait until after the Collingwood bye.. then Swan is back on the table.

3. demonspud

demonspud Member

Priddis, great WCE run in the finals, consistent and WCE don't look to be sitting down as most expected, Cox is winning a lot of taps and Priddis is there for the spoils.

Hodge, returning to form, though is he(?) definitely a nice trade to do, risk vs reward.

Thompson, consistent, day in day out, will he slow towards the end when the Crows look certainly to miss out on the 8? (I'm not saying they are), but...

Swan after his return, a couple of weeks after, should see him bottom right and and prime for the final run home. (you're a lucky coach).

4. patash

patash New Member

id go with thompson for the reason if youre going for league wins adelaide have a bye during a multi bye rd 16 therefore plays every game you need him to. as for swan i dont have him either and may wait as i have 2 midfield upgrades to go. priddis/hodge/swan/ all have byes, another option is g.ablett.. in fact id almost go him over thompson!! good luck

5. Fez

Fez Moderator

I've got same dilemma midfield is pendles Judd mubdy selwood Boyd , then not sure if I attack Scott Thompson or g albett or wait for Swanny

6. RonBurgundy

RonBurgundy New Member

I'd go Ablett can score huge, no more byes
    My mid is Swan, Judd, Selwood, Ablett, Bartel and?
    Hodge maybe or NDS or priddis for POD or pendlebury
    My concern is will Hodge be rested in Rnd 24? (might have to save a trade just in case)
    Hawks look like they have a good run of games