Lenny Hayes

Discussion in 'AFL' started by stkildathunda, Jan 10, 2012.

1. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Thought Lenny was worthy enough to get his own thread.

Lenny Hayes will possibly be most talked about “fallen premium” in supercoach this preseason. He is recovering well from his knee injury and is back to full training and has been looking extremely fit and trains with no visible sign that he is coming off a serious knee injury. He seems to have full movement in his knee and hasn’t been afraid to twist and turn and put his body on-line in the tackling drills.

He will be very cheap for his standards, BUT its important to remember he will be 32 by time season starts, is coming off his second serious knee injury and before 2011 his averages were slowly in decline. Only once in past 5 years has Lenny averaged over 104, that being 2009 when the Saints lost 2 matches for the season. Even if he gets his average back up to 100 the fact is he wouldn’t even be ranked in the top 30 midfielders, you would still need to upgrade him.

Personally think he will be rested throughout the season to ensure he is in tip top shape for finals. He will also find himself playing in forward line as a way to “rest” him. Other negatives are the rise of Jack Steven and David Armitage. These kids are the future midfielders of the Saints and there’s no way Scott Watters will want to drop their midfield time back. During 2007-2010 Lenny Hayes only played 75% game time, even with new sub rule I can’t seriously see that changing. He def wont be getting anymore time coming off his knee injury.

Overall I think Lenny will be average 85-90 points this season. For the same price you can get a Michael Barlow or Kieran Jack who are both undervalued by about 20 points due to injuries in 2011 and both have much more upside in their game.

2. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

Avoid.

3. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

<blockquote>Quote from Lucas on January 9, 2012, 14:03
    Avoid.</blockquote>

haha yep pretty much the point i was trying to make!!

4. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

You've talked me out of him, but it hurts :)

5. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

I like this red herring thread SKT, nice tactic, but still very early.

I won't be deterred though, even if you are trying to generally douse interest.

Value is value and if Lenny is guranteed game time and presents value, that is what we are all looking for in rookies and midpricers anyway.