Leroy Jetta - charged with staging

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Bandit, May 22, 2012.

1. Bandit

Bandit Moderator Staff Member

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/mor...ged-with-staging/story-e6frf9jf-1226362602105

ESSENDON'S Leroy Jetta is the first AFL player to be charged with staging.
    Jetta faces a reprimand after being cited by the AFL match review panel for staging after kicking a goal in the second quarter at the MCG last Saturday night.

As he should be... disgrace and all the others who do stage should be done as well.... I am a massive lover of the English Premier League, and it is a massive blight on their game and I don't want to see it creep into the AFL.

2. Seabass

Seabass New Member

No arguments here!

Edit - especially after the Goddard incident putting everyone on notice last week

3. jibba

jibba Member

Essendon supporter, and fully agree
    Poor effort by Leroy
    Deserves the suspension.

4. Seabass

Seabass New Member

Only a reprimand jibba, however he's also been given a week for punching grimes in the guts

5. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

I was at the game and didn't see the incident, but I'm glad the AFL has pinned someone for it. Hopefully it will serve as a message for others.

Now just to fix the duckers from West Coast! :p

And he couldn't have picked a better week to get suspended in!

6. weazel

weazel Member

bit harsh to be the only one plenty of staging going on in all games also what happened to the rushed behind rule i remember the bombers getting pinged twice in years gone now it's like it doesn't exist

7. TigersTooTough

TigersTooTough Administrator

Deserves it completely. The incident was obvious too; if you are going to fake, at least make it look real!!!

8. 22nd_best_on_Field

22nd_best_on_Field New Member

someone has to be first Weazel, dont mind them giving him the reprimand, but i reckon they should have thrown a fine on top for staging first time - after all this isnt soccer for F's sake!
    Well done to the ump for not being sucked in and paying the 'free' which would have become the focus of the week.

9. fidelsfinger

fidelsfinger New Member

Plenty of them stage, Leroy just needs some decent acting lessons , I'd send him to Arizona via Hollywood for a few weeks :p

10. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

Wonderful news. And congrats to Steve Morris, who didn't take the bait offered, compelling Leroy to take a dive so brilliant that he has booked a place in the Olympic diving team for London in a few months time.

11. fidelsfinger

fidelsfinger New Member

<blockquote> this isnt soccer for F's sake!
    </blockquote>

I rarely read the hun but 1 morning stopped in at maccas & couldn't help the chuckle when reading a letter in response for a call to encourage more female footy,
    the responder simply stated "we already have football for girls, we call it soccer"