Leuenberger Achilles??

Discussion in 'AFL' started by buzz, Mar 29, 2012.

1. buzz

buzz Member

My 2 0 2 ruck structure is in tatters with this news of Leuenberger not lasting out games with achilles issues. The mainstay of a rucks increased scoring last year was to have the big fellas resting forward freeing up midfield rotations.
    Please tell me it is not last minute scrambling changing to a 1 0 3 ruck combo. I just can't work out the top performing rucks before game one anymore. I'll let cox stay and wait and see who is looking the best performing ruck come upgrade time. Hopefully they will have dipped in price.
    Was really keen to go 2 0 2 but cannot justify it anymore. What are your learned thoughts??

2. Lion24

Lion24 New Member

According to the Lions twitter it's all just a rumour and he's fine.

3. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

Don't say you weren't warned Buzz
    Lions might be putting up a smokescreen. Mark Harvey's done it before with big Lurch

4. AdelaideEagle

AdelaideEagle New Member

Come on down, 0-0-4. This week's stories on Longer and the Big O's likely job security locked it in for me - and this rumour certainly doesn't hurt (not that I woud wish Achilles dramas on anyone, especially a talent like the Berger). 0-0-4 may be utter stupidity, but hell, it's a great POD and it's gonna be a wild ride!

5. buzz

buzz Member

Cox and leunenberger are not a good combo with R11 bye anyhow. I'll be getting rid of some riskier picks with the free cash. Hopefully redden outscores Giles week 1 as i have Giles on the bench.
    0 0 4 is out there. You need nearly one and half trades of rookies to get enough money to bring the uber premium ruck choice come upgrade time. How many cows will it take to cull to change Giles and Redden into cox and then next best.
    Rucks are massive scorers.

6. buzz

buzz Member

Voss has apparently tweeted that these Leuenberger rumour's are false. Now when it comes to injuries, Voss is not my main man for setting things straight. Leuy has not had a big pre season. I thought maybe resting for a long year in nab cup but now doesn't look the case.
    Well do i stick with 2 0 2 including leuy or change structure to 1 0 3 and upgrade my other lines and trade into the best of the best a little later.??????

7. bgt2110

bgt2110 Moderator Staff Member

I'll be keeping Luenberger as one of my rucks, it seems he is a bit of a POD now and if Voss can be believed then Luey should continue on pumping out scores over 100 like he did last year.
    If it goes pear shaped then i will just trade him out to someone like Jacobs or NicNat who are currently 50K cheaper.

8. buzz

buzz Member

@bgt2110 I only have 24 trades for the year. How many do you have.
    If you trade out to a mid tier priced you either have to hold them for the rest of the year or trade that player while also culling a cow to get a uber premium. I nearly need my other hand to count how many trades that will be. Leaves the other lines then unable to upgrade.