Luke Delaney - thoughts

Discussion in 'AFL' started by J_in_Japan, May 30, 2011.

1. J_in_Japan

J_in_Japan New Member

North Melbourne seem to be the poisoned chalice this season for rookies with Atley being a SC spud, Richo and Pederson not getting a go in a weak side so what are people thoughts on Delaney?

Will he maintain his place in the side? Are there too many players ready to come back into the Roos side that will push him out? Do you just not trust Brad Scott with rookies?

2. canada_blues

canada_blues New Member

I can't help you but would love to hear a North supporter's viewpoint (or someone who's seen Delaney play). I am once bitten, twice shy with North as I already have Pederson sitting on the bench.

But I do need a downgrade for the injured Dylan Grimes and there do not seem to be many defensive options (Jacobs sailed on me because I needed to upgrade my mids this week with Scott Thompson).

3. Kel

Kel Moderator

Looked the goods against the Lions. Matched it with JB more than once and scored well from a SC perspective for a first gamer. Didn't see his second game though. Doesn't fit with my trades this week unfortunately but would be grabbing him as defensive downgrade as they seem to be thin on the ground.

4. stowie

stowie Moderator

Playing for North has scared me off. I'd like another look at Howard from the Doggies as the way they're heading he should play out the year.

5. Xenomorph

Xenomorph Moderator

Delaney would seem to be the choice ahead of Pedo at the moment.

Has played well in Magoos thus far and did a reasonable job on JB week before last.

As a north supporter, I've been trying to work out Scottie's approach to rookies too.

So far it seems to be that if you're a small, you will get games. (maybe Richo back this week)

If you're a tall, someone has to get injured before you fit into the structure.

While Grima is still cactus, Delaney is probably OK for JS.

After that.... only the SC gods know.

6. Rufus

Rufus New Member

Pedersen is a forward, so obviously he's not going to play as a defender in the afl. Kangas will only play 2 talls in the forward line, Petrie and Hansen, so Pedersen won't get a game if Scottie keeps his ideas with the current setup.

Scott changed his thinking slightly bringing in Edwards, because he was dominating VFL, so pedo has a lot of work to do to get in.

Delaney got elevated from rook list, looks like lower is really struggling. I think Delaney will keep playing as a stopper.

Richo is good mover and been playing well at half back for roosters, if he comes back they might try him half back/wing perhaps.

I think Delaneys has the best JS if Scott maintains the status quo

7. blue16

blue16 New Member

Scott said on AFL Insider a couple weeks ago that Delaney has been the form backman at the club all season & as soon as he could be upgraded he was going straight into the team. Fair praise from the coach. I would assume his job security would be very high.

8. Tino

Tino Member

Pratt and Firrito gone. Looks like Delaney will be around for awhile.

Also, anyone reckon Pederson might get the nod now?

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/north-melbourne-defender-daniel-pratt-out-with-broken-hand/story-e6frf9jf-1226066613960

9. jibba

jibba Member

I'm hoping Richardson gets the nod as Pratt is a defender and so is Richo.

As said before, Pederson is probably a forward (despite being listed as a DEF) so I'm hoping Richardson gets the nod over him.