Luke Shuey

Discussion in 'AFL' started by kitkat, Apr 5, 2011.

1. kitkat

kitkat New Member

Hey all just wondering what peoples thoughts on Shuey might be.
    I noticed last year he did quite well after coming back from glandular fever, but is he injury prone or has he just been unlucky? Might be a good POD in the midfield, especially just before his price jumps by 60k next week, and at $323k i'd gladly accept his 116av.
    Has anyone here been following him, and is he in your SC team as well?

2. BennyC88

BennyC88 Member

He's got big wraps, talked up a lot and he seems to be on the rise.

He'd be a good asset in your team

3. Pattay

Pattay New Member

had him in my team till the end.... went an extra rookie instead .... wld be nice to hav him

4. kitkat

kitkat New Member

The reason I'm asking is that I'm considering trading him in. I've got Swan Pendles Selwood Rockliff Foley Liber Harris Prestia and Hibberd in my mids, and I was thinking of moving either Rockliff or Foley to Shuey, and then Hibberd to Heppell, that way I'll still keep the same points on the field and add another cash cow. Is this wise or am I making a classic rookie mistake and wasting trades? I don't have enough cash to go straight to Heppell from Hibberd.

5. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

Luke Shuey will win the NAB Rising Star this year.

6. DC

DC Member

Interesting question.

If he keeps this form up he will reach 500k in no time.

The question here is do people think he can become a prem (like barlow) with a full preseason behind his belt??

Also with West Coast - They will lose more games this year then they win and will that be a factor on his scores?

7. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

He looks the goods but second year players scare me.

8. Fez

Fez Moderator

His ave is inflated due to a 146 , he may be a rewarding pickup if ur willing to take the risk

9. JMac

JMac Member

Id go Foley to Shuey in your position'too unless you want another popular rookie/cash cow?

You didn't mention Curnow in your list of mids - he might also be a worthy asset and help generate some $$$ for your next premium.

But Shuey could be a winner, also on my radar of possibilities.

10. snoz

snoz Moderator

I hate to say it, but bringing Shuey in is very inviting this week. I say 'hate' because he doesnt fall into my GnR structure. The Krak is driving me nuts with his 2 weeks of sub hell, and at 200k...I could trade Conca to one of the wonderkids (Libba/Curnow) and then get off the Krak and onto Shuey....sounds like I'm swapping one drug for another :)

Definitely worth a thought...the fact that he is only owned by 1.5% of teams and Krak is in 70% of teams makes it even better I think.

11. stripey

stripey Well-Known Member

I put Shuey in with a view to being a keeper (or great bench option). he is a ball magnet with great JS in an improving midfield.. In my view he will end with a 100+ average as he is also a good user of the ball.

I know his price would have put a lot of people off, but I am very surprised at only 1.5% having him!

12. DC

DC Member

If (Big If) he is going to average 100+ stripey he should go into everyones team this week!!

13. stripey

stripey Well-Known Member

DC, after 2 or 3 years of listening to Woosha bang on about this young midfield and predicting finals, i have to believe in something!

14. JMac

JMac Member

<blockquote>Quote from Simonoz on April 5, 2011, 10:53
    .... The Krak is driving me nuts with his 2 weeks of sub hell, and at 200k...I could trade Conca to one of the wonderkids (Libba/Curnow) and then get off the Krak and onto Shuey....sounds like I'm swapping one drug for another :)

Definitely worth a thought...the fact that he is only owned by 1.5&#37; of teams and Krak is in 70&#37; of teams makes it even better I think.</blockquote>

Now you have really got me thinking of this same trade. Most compelling is the avoidance of CC teams since only 1.5&#37; on Shuey ATM. Not for long I reckon.

Also, for the forward line, Dawes represents similar value proposition as Shuey.

15. snoz

snoz Moderator

Go & read Lucas' new post on the blog, 'Beat the Best' just posted now, then come back & read this thread again...it'll do your head in LOL

I'm 300-400 behind Meataxe...and I swear my team is nearly identical except for about three players...but thems the breaks.

Close enough to being a Cookie shop I'm so cookie cutter...I'd been thinking that yes, I'd seriously consider the Libba's & Curnow's....just like everyone else.

Then you read that article from Lucas.....And the likes of Shuey/Dawes etc take on a whole new light.

16. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

http://tooserious.net/beat-the-best...afl-supercoach-best-team-dissection#more-2802

Yeah you go Curnow and you basically get him I reckon to sit on the bench while you take a risk that Swallow/Harris will out perform Curnow the next few weeks.

You don't get Curnow to go into your midfield starting team, because that's consolidating the 300-400 point gap.

Closing the gap means differences. Won't say the more the better, but I will say the better (in your favour) the better.

My team v Meataxe (teams I expect for this week) with no trades would be:

Meataxe first
    Broughton v Grimes - line ball slight loss
    Heppell v Otten - line ball slight loss
    Dal Santo v Selwood - slight win
    Curnow v Ward - line ball - I think this week win
    O'Keefe v Swallow - loss

That's the ball game I'm in, basically forced to rely on Swallow beating ROK. Not likely to happen.

But if you think Ward + Swallow vs Curnow + ROK, it should be a close thing.

I guess all depends on the long term Swallow v Curnow, really.

17. Thunda

Thunda New Member

Not sold on Shuey just yet, might see how he goes at home against the Swans.