Market Movements

Discussion in 'AFL' started by TerryinBangkok, Apr 23, 2011.

1. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

With Lucas enjoying some leave (and TS very quiet over Easter) what follows is a sort of Clayton’s Best Buys for those contemplating some trading in the remainder of this round.

DEF
    Josh Toy the obvious choice, particularly for those who have Lester.
    Adcock will see a significant rise in value for those who jumped early. Remains to be seen how the return of Drummond and Goose will affect his scoring. More midfield time would be a good sign.
    Jake Batchelor should go close to touching the 200k mark this round, while Duigan and Heppell should both go over 300k.
    Matt Suckling has proven to be a good riser for those astute enough to get in early and seems to be a popular jump off point for Broughton. Very much in my radar pre-season but the Hawks supporters on TS did not seem to rate him highly at the time.

MID
    Libba due to go up a whopping 72k if he maintains his average this week. Curnow has already risen 164k, but still has a negative BE. Could he be the first rookie to hit 500k this year?
    Harley Bennell looks likely to rise this week if he completes the 3 game mark.
    Sam Mitchell with an average of 115 is still under 500k and may be alternative value to Hodge. Mundy, just on the cusp of 500k with a 126 average also represents value. Jack Redden, particularly following his effort last night, comes under closer scrutiny.
    Scott Thompson (Crows): BUY!

RUC
    Ben McEvoy now looks to have better JS, has a tempting 95 average and will continue to rise for a few weeks.
    Brad Ottens a bit of a surprise this year with a nice av. of 116 and a price of 416k.

FWD
    Buddy expected to rise, making it just that bit harder for those chasing him. Higgins also due to rise, while Fyfe still has a negative BE and has already risen 65k.
    Yarran holders will be pleased they kept the faith.

What bargains are you tempted by this round?

2. Mad_Mattigan

Mad_Mattigan Member

Adcock has been waving big scores at me for enough rounds that I don't think I can resist much longer!

Was contemplating Krakouer -> Smith (StK) then Duigan -> Adcock. Although tempted, I resisted (first time for everything!) once I realised that Duigan and Adcock should rise about the same this week, and although Krak is sucking up a storm, his value should still increase.

Hibberd at $103k will be hard to resist for long if picked...

3. TerryinBangkok

@MM

Remarkable restraint.
    Hopefully by the time Hibberd gets 3 games together he will be the perfect downgrade target for Heppell, so we can keep MPP. Think I will keep Duigan for as long as possible (handy on-field during all these byes) and try to fatten some of the other rooks first.
    Think Krak is on notice after this round.

4. Mad_Mattigan

Mad_Mattigan Member

Agreed. Krak to Higgins was another option I looked at, to keep the F/M link, but I was $400 short to make it happen!

5. andy

andy New Member

I was thinking of trading up the failing foley to thompson but wasn't sure if he could continue his good early season form. You seem to rate him TIB and i was just wondering what your reasoning was.

6. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

i went krak to droopy. Wanted droopy before he plays his 3rd game, and Im glad a got rid of krak now that he has been dropped. I figured it was on the cards sooner or later with Dick also in the squad, and krak's obvious lack of fitness.

also went sylvia to boomer to avoid a zero. kangaroos have had their first bye, and have ages till their next. Boomer's poor first game is about to go out of his 3 game ave. and kangas have a fairly good draw for a while - after their tough first month. He looked good value to me - BE of 98, but should get a ton up against the tiggers.

7. Ryhmesayers

Ryhmesayers New Member

really want to get swan and buddy in, but gonna hold off until the byes. Just got to sort out which cow i should cull first.

8. eagles2011

eagles2011 New Member

IIRC Ben Jacobs was playing for the Maggies reserves this week. Anyone have any idea if he played/how he went?

9. Bearfly

Bearfly Moderator Staff Member

@ eagles

Jacobs indeed played for the Maggie reserves & by all reports had a ripper of a game. Another one or two games in the reserves should have him cherry ripe for a match in the Maggie seniors - hopefully will be ready for AFL debut in a month to 6 weeks - perfect downgrade target considering his M/D status!!!

Also from SANFL, & a concern for anyone still holding him, Irons only had 4 touches & 2 tackles for WWT Eagles - that's 2 ordinary games in a row for him, so can't see him breaking back into Power side anytime soon unless he pulls his finger out - especially considering Banner has been emergency twice in past 3 weeks on strength of really good SANFL form!!!

10. TerryinBangkok

@andy

The results of this round aside, I rate Thompson because he is one of the few who could go premium in the midfield this year. If it was a toss up between Foley and Thompson, I would take Thompson, but I would not trade Foley to get him - too sideways and when both their scores are averaged out over the season, the gain would be small. Also Lucas on TS has had some encouraging things to say about Thompson and I value that opinion highly.

@ant

Wow, you would be tickling yourself after those decisions. Boomer looked to cop one though, so not sure he will get up next week (tough nut tho' so might be okay).

@BF

Thanks for contributing that info. Someone else on here is also offering WAFL reports. This sort of data is vital now we are all trying to suss out downgrade targets. Hope Mitch gets a run next week, he is a good kid and v. important for Port's future.

11. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

Good trading anthak.

12. chewy

chewy New Member

one hell of a trade anthak!(i will still persist with him for the short term till there is a suitable MPP trade!)

13. TerryinBangkok

Richo is at the bottom ebb - most commentators unimpressed with his performance and the final straw being named sub. His coach now under pressure. For those thinking of a trade to out Richo, be aware that both Greenwood and Urquhart were injured playing for Werribee on the weekend. So Richo may get a reprieve and Pedersen's chances would have to increase as well.

Puopolo was also named amongst the best for BH Hawks.

14. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Yeah he really does seem spent (Richo). Shame as he looked like such a great fwd rookie in the preseason.

I would still stay away from Poops and Pederson.

Drooooooooooopy!