McEvoy - return date???

Discussion in 'AFL' started by JPK, May 17, 2012.

1. JPK

JPK Moderator Staff Member

I've got McEvoy sitting on my pine, with Cox and Giles running my rucks, and that spud Redden taking up valuable oxygen.

The AFL website says that McEvoys injury should keep him out for the next 4-5 weeks, which gets him to his bye, so I could be going 6 more weeks without him. Does anyone know how accurate this really is?

I was hoping that McEvoy would be back by R11, so I could trade Giles into someone with a R12 bye (say Ryder or Sandi) to cover my ruck stocks for the byes, being able to downgrade McEvoy going into R13, and upgrade one of my rookies elsewhere on the ground. Unfortunately if McEvoy's not back by R11 then I'll have to rework my plan.

Any ideas on McEvoy, or any suggestions on better trade options, would be greatly appreciated, as I'm considering getting rid of him now, for Ryder.

2. Gonaddz

Gonaddz Member

St Kilda ruckman Ben McEvoy will require knee surgery and is set to miss up to six weeks of AFL action.

http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8462577

I'd get him off as surgery takes time. If you have the cover you can leave him on the bench but could you use the money you paid for him better? Time to decide.