McIntosh to undergo surgery, hello Todd Goldstein!

Discussion in 'AFL' started by stkildathunda, Jun 1, 2012.

1. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

HMac is to undergo surgery on his knee after injuring it further at training on Wednesday. Will miss 4-6 weeks but given his history with injuries reckon coil be more.

We all know what Goldy does wih no HMac so it's time to jump onboard. Just gotta decide of Giles to him or swing Roughie into fwd and trade Porps to him. That I think involves downgrading Bugg though....

2. The_Swert

The_Swert Active Member

If you get him you better get him this week. He's got the Hawks and then the Suns so will probably go up 70k in the next couple of weeks.

I'm not sure though, seems like a luxury sideways trade to me if you are using Giles. I think I have worse issues.

3. DC

DC Member

If you got the trades in the bank it seems like this would be the perfect week to do that.... What's your issue with downgrading Bugg? Seems to have reached his max $$$

4. H_Dons

H_Dons New Member

Disappointing news after having him sit on my bench for a few weeks.

Would it be crazy to just 'downgrade' him to Goldy?

My other idea was waiting another week then a virtual straight swap for Sandi. Both good choices I think?

5. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

It does seem like a luxury trade, but his bye is equally awkward.

6. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Problem win trading Bugg is only option is Darley and not sold on his job security. Want to try keep someone on bench that will provide good cover as think will play vital role near end year and Bugg is clearly best 22.

7. benstar94

benstar94 New Member

goldstein straight swap for goldstein for me......goldy should tear it up again with no Hmac......

8. benstar94

benstar94 New Member

i meant jacobs*......get on the ball benni

9. choppers

choppers Well-Known Member

Can Giles go the distance or should Goldy come in now? The byes aren't a problem.

10. Senator96

Senator96 Active Member

What a disaster in the rucks this year, and thats with giles being so good as well. Had to trade mumford out for sandilands who then got injured, then flicked redden for mcintosh as i kept munching donuts and mcintosh was killing it with no goldstein and now this!

I will probably hold for now and continue to use the sandi/giles pairing with stephenson as backup. If another donut comes along i might be forced to do something though. Cox has been pretty good but still concerned about his timeshare so might see how mumford goes over the next couple of weeks. Always hate trading back in someone that i traded out though...

11. stowie

stowie Moderator

Not sure about this. If HMac was done for the year then it's an easy decision. But 4 - 6 with a bye in there... wasn't too long ago Goldy was in the VFL or being subbed out!

12. tmq

tmq New Member

Agree with Stowie, sounds like a few-trade strategy.

13. TopHeavy

TopHeavy Member

I'd put that in the carnage category. I had Mummy and McIntosh as a lock just before the season, then took out both. Poor bloke. Might consider it after the bye, but yeah awkward sums up the situation with his price rise.

14. rbat

rbat New Member

Bahhh, how annoying. I have been considering Maric all morning. Think I might bite the bullet in light of that news.

15. AngryAnt

AngryAnt New Member

Why would you trade Jacobs? Doesn't score massively but will play every game unlike most other rucks this year.

16. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Just done Bugg to Darley and Dickson to Goldstein! Dickson only has about $15K left in him if he hits his average as his 100 comes out this week! Leaves me $60K in bank which will be used Parker to Priddis after Round 11.

17. Das Phoenix

Das Phoenix Guest

Ha "Sod's Law". The first week I've had all 4 of my rookie rucks playing, including the phantom, Redden, and Goldie goes and sticks his hand way up. If Redden wasn't selected Goldie would have been a nice trade for him.... Redden has the potential but there is also the concern that he may once again be a one hit wonder and dropped for no reason....that's if he even actually makes it onto the field this week :) .
    mmmm Goldie sure is tempting now though.....

18. PrimeMinisterHird

PrimeMinisterHird New Member

Why is there no love for Ryder on these forums? Had him since start of the season and he's been great. Has only missed something like 4 games in the last 6 years! I guess he's a bit pricey now.

19. rbat

rbat New Member

I like Ryder a lot, he's in my Dreamteam. I just like changing it up.

20. jb

jb New Member

Hille back next week or after their bye will surely cost Paddy points.