Mid pricers.... Yours & Why?

Discussion in 'AFL' started by gogonz, Mar 16, 2011.

1. gogonz

gogonz New Member

Hey all, just thinking about what mid pricers everyone's looking at and why?

I'm not talking about Otten or Krakeour here either. I'm talking about those awkwardly priced players that you think will serve a purpose.

Here's mine;

K. Tippett - R/F - $330k
    He works well with my ruck strategy. Sandi/Cox, Petrie & R4. I guarantee myself 2 X starting rucks (Capable of 100+ scores) and based on his form at the end of last year, you'd have to think he's going to continue that.

M. Hurley - F/B - $338k
    Again, MPP with McKernan and after the NAB cup final against pies, he looks cherry ripe. I think he could be a break out player this year and go through the roof.

Yours?

Pls include fullname, position(s) and of course, price

2. ThommoDees

ThommoDees New Member

I have Foley in my mids and Petrie and Knights in my forward line, otherwise it's pretty much a GnR strategy for me.

3. ThommoDees

ThommoDees New Member

Oh, and the reason why I've resorted to the three aforementioned is because with Chappy out of the picture there isn't 5 premium fwds that i'm happy with. With the extra funds i decided to go with these three.

4. ThaDoctor

ThaDoctor New Member

steele sidebottom is another that is around 400k, if he becomes a premium, he is nicely priced.
    also callum ward but he is a fair bit cheaper.

5. Corks

Corks Member

Doing GnR in my main team, but "B" team with the kids has plenty of mid-price. Particular interest, in order of preference, Yarran, Stevie J, HShaw, Foley, and Warnock. Yes, my kids barrack for Carlton as well so Warnock and Yarran get a run, but I do think Yarran will score 20+ above price anyway.

Liam Jarrah also interests me...just as a JET who could have the odd really big score.

6. hawks2008

hawks2008 Member

shaun higgins. i just feel that with a good pre season under his belt he will do good things this year, and he is also a MPP.

7. Corks

Corks Member

Question on Sidebottom is whether he'll get the opportunity to play enough game time in the middle to go Premium. Think there is too much hot competition for him this year, but over next couple of years wouldn't be surprised.

8. gogonz

gogonz New Member

<blockquote>Quote from hawks2008 on March 15, 2011, 19:09
    shaun higgins. i just feel that with a good pre season under his belt he will do good things this year, and he is also a MPP.

</blockquote>

Higgins was one I was considering....

&#36;390k... Mid/fwd... Tempting.

Injuries do concern me.

9. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Im going to list a few of mine, dont want to give away my entire team :p

Callan Ward - Breakout year looming, averaged like 95 in his final 4 matches of the year (finals included). Really showed what he is capable off.

Nathan Foley - Ave 96 in his games last year & career ave of 82. Undervalued due to recent injuries. HAs showed when fit is very close to a premium.

Shaun Higgins - Gun. Will get back to his 09 form and become a premium.

Robbie Gray - Taking a gamble that he can stay fit as everyone knows what he can score when fit.

Chris Yarran/Leon Davis - Cant decide which one to go for at this stage. Both playing new roles down back and playing well. Leaning a little more to Yarran at this stage i think.

10. Kanga18

Kanga18 New Member

<blockquote>Quote from gogonz on March 15, 2011, 19:20
    <blockquote>Quote from hawks2008 on March 15, 2011, 19:09

</blockquote>

Higgins was one I was considering....

&#36;390k... Mid/fwd... Tempting.

Injuries do concern me.</blockquote>

I may have Higgins as well - planning on the possibility of someone like him or Krakouer staying on in the team as a Super Sub. E.g. at the moment if I get these two guys and plan to keep them, I mightnt end up with as strong a forward group as would be ideal - eg I wouldnt be able to fit Franklin and chappy and didak in if i wanted them all. However if i keep a mid pricer as a super sub and aim for a really strong bench player on all lines using these mid pricers, in theory I should have great coverage at finals time.....anyone else intending to get close to 25 guns in their squad by the finals?

11. rohanj

rohanj New Member

After a solid pre season Shaun is primed for 2011. Thankfully is now over the debilitating thyroid issue that plagued his 2010 and is moving as well as I've seen him over the past two years.

12. WishinAintGettin

WishinAintGettin New Member

I have Dangerfield and am aware I have my Crows coloured glasses on. At &#36;340K he is well priced particularly as he is due for a breakout year. His pre season form for the most part has been impressive and he seems to have finally realised does not have to crash every pack and get the hard ball all the time.

My main concern is with Callinan going down, he'll spend more time in the forward line than midfield.

It's definitely a risk vs reward.

Am also considering Yarran but yet to pull the trigger on that yet!

13. stowie

stowie Moderator

If we're not counting Krak and Petrie, then all I have is Robbie Gray. POD to Higgins, can bag a big score just needs to be not injured.

14. crew

crew New Member

Only have 2 over 200K and under 500K Jetta (Swans) and Hale in the forwards. Do like Higgins & Yarran but still to pull the plug on Chappy.

15. dj62

dj62 New Member

I'm with you Crew...love the rime. Jetta & Yarran my only mid pricers. Higgins would be good too, but got the salary cap to think of.

16. dj62

dj62 New Member

make that rhyme

17. eagles2011

eagles2011 New Member

JPK, Swans clearance king, getting more game time and similar age, seasons/games played as A Swallow when he broke out 2 years back. Risky in the mids though. Allowed me to upgrade Yarran to Goodes.

18. gogonz

gogonz New Member

<blockquote>Quote from eagles2011 on March 15, 2011, 20:21
    JPK, Swans clearance king, getting more game time and similar age, seasons/games played as A Swallow when he broke out 2 years back. Risky in the mids though. Allowed me to upgrade Yarran to Goodes.</blockquote>

What's he worth?

19. BennyC88

BennyC88 Member

@eagles2011

Yeah I got JPK in my team. Well priced and he played very well end of 2010 season. I'm thinking he's on a rise.

20. BennyC88

BennyC88 Member

@gogonz

He's worth &#36;394

Also got Gwilt, bit risky but word is he'll be thrusted more in the forward line. Foley as well, good pre-season and has been a high scorer in the past when he wasn't injured.