MID-SEASON DRAFT & TRADE PERIOD

Discussion in 'ORFFA' started by TerryinBangkok, Apr 8, 2013.

1. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

This from Len: <p style='margin-bottom: 18px; font-family: Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: 18px; color: #444444;]Sorry about the delay in getting this up, I had forgotten it for a while.. <p style='margin-bottom: 18px; font-family: Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: 18px; color: #444444;]First up, thanks guys for the massive buy-in we had in the pre-season draft, the picks went through in very good order and with very minimal issue. Well done to all. <p style='margin-bottom: 18px; font-family: Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: 18px; color: #444444;]Next to get done is the mid-season draft, there were some queries over how it should be approached and the 'rules' involved, so hopefully this will clarify things for everyone. <p style='margin-bottom: 18px; font-family: Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: 18px; color: #444444;]Firstly the when: <p style='margin-bottom: 18px; font-family: Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: 18px; color: #444444;]We will be having our midseason trade period and draft during the three bye weeks, when we will not be competing H2H, Rounds 11, 12 & 13. <p style='margin-bottom: 18px; font-family: Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: 18px; color: #444444;]The trade period will run from the 4<sup style='font-size: 9px;]thuntil the 12 June. <p style='margin-bottom: 18px; font-family: Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: 18px; color: #444444;]The draft will then be conducted from the 14<sup style='font-size: 9px;]thto the 24<sup style='font-size: 9px;]thJune, the draft will commence at 7.30pm on Friday the 14th. <p style='margin-bottom: 18px; font-family: Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: 18px; color: #444444;]The day break in between is so to allow time to correct and publish the list of available players, pick orders etc. <p style='margin-bottom: 18px; font-family: Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: 18px; color: #444444;]The applicable rules: <p style='margin-bottom: 18px; font-family: Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: 18px; color: #444444;]1. It is a requirement that you draft 6 compulsory picks per year, these can be done all in the preseason draft, or over both drafts. <p style='margin-bottom: 18px; font-family: Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: 18px; color: #444444;]- A minimum of 4 of those compulsory picks must be taken in the preseason draft, that is you must enter the preseason draft with a maximum of 22 players. <p style='margin-bottom: 18px; font-family: Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: 18px; color: #444444;]- It is not a matter of how many players you de-list, that is potentially irrelevant as the list size can be traded down or up in the trade period prior. <p style='margin-bottom: 18px; font-family: Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: 18px; color: #444444;]- If you entered the preseason draft with more than 20 players you must participate in the midseason draft, if you had 22 players, you must enter this draft with 24 (or less), if you had 21 players you must enter this draft with 25 (or less). <p style='margin-bottom: 18px; font-family: Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: 18px; color: #444444;]- If you entered the preseason draft with 20 or less players any involvement in the midseason draft for that year is voluntary. <p style='margin-bottom: 18px; font-family: Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: 18px; color: #444444;]2. Each coach will have 18 hours to make his selection, after which time his turn is skipped, if he has not posted by the time any subsequent picks come up each pick will be given at least 6 hours and then also skipped. <p style='margin-bottom: 18px; font-family: Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: 18px; color: #444444;]3. Skipped picks can be taken at any time, please state in the post that it is a skipped pick along with the standard pick info. <p style='margin-bottom: 18px; font-family: Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: 18px; color: #444444;]4. Please double check that the player you are selecting is available first. Onus is on the coach to pick an available player, if you pick an ineligible player and subsequent selections are made by other coaches prior to its discovery their selections will stand and you will have to pick from the available pool at the time. <p style='margin-bottom: 18px; font-family: Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: 18px; color: #444444;]5. If for some reason two people manage to legitimately pick the same player, resulting from timing around a scheduled pick and a skipped pick, the post with the earliest time stamp is the one who keeps him. <p style='margin-bottom: 18px; font-family: Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: 18px; color: #444444;]When the time is due we will have a draft thread, first post will contain the picks in order and be updated with picks made, and a separate thread listing the available players, as always people double checking my work are seriously appreciated. <div>

2. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

Len/TiB - One thing there may need to be a bit of clarity on is the order in which the draft will occur. Obviously this may be up for debate given any picks or debate on picks that happen in terms of Lovely Banks' side. Is it in reverse ladder order as of Round 10 or 11, is it a snake draft, etc etc. haks!

3. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

chris88 wrote:haks! I'm not sure you need to go that far mate! ;)

4. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

Will be reverse ladder order as at round 10 mate, same as last year, sorry should have noted that.
    Any Lovely Banks concession picks granted will be slipped into that framework. At this point no ORFFA draft will be anything other than reverse ladder order.

5. grav

grav Guest

Thought I'd give this a bump for a couple of reasons.. 1. Trade period starts next week (I didn't realise it was so close). 2. Draft starts on June 14 and looks likely that I will be away for work with no netz :( Looking for a proxy to cover my spot in the draft. Is it a conflict to ask a fellow ORFFA coach to help me out, or should I call on Bear for a favour?

6. graeme

graeme Guest

greets gravenger, depending on the trade period I may be free to act for you in the draft as I delisted six in the pre-season. However, I would recommend you get Bear on standby (at least) as I have been known to be unreliable .... While I might admit that in jest or 'without prejudice', my lawyer will be in touch should anyone else make the suggestion.

7. chris88

Gravenger - I'd be happy to help if required ... that's if it is a last resort I guess. If you gave me some guidance as to what you were after then I'd be more than happy to help if needed. Also, given there's only a week till the trade period begins, are we able to have some clarity on the Lovely Banks situation - ie - any compensatory pick set in place for the missed Pick 7 in the pre-season draft. Knowing where that is going to fit in will probably shape oralter what many of us are looking to do with picks that come after it.

8. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

Grav. Suggest either BF or BB. ORFFA coach should not do your draft for you.

9. G-Train

G-Train Member

So the trade period has started?

10. chris88

Hmm, it seems to have started. There's no start time really, is there?

11. chris88

To that end I guess - Up for trade: Nick Dal Santo [span style='text-decoration: line-through;]One of Paul Duffield or Luke McPharlin [span style='text-decoration: line-through;]Adam Tomlinson Rohan Bewick Dylan Grimes Dean Towers Nathan Van Berlo All these guys are up for trade with reasonable offers considered. The rest of the Guim's playing list are not specifically up for trade, but we will consider offers on them if they are good and/or mutually beneficial. The rest of the playing list is: DEF: Rance, McKenzie, Thompson, Frawley, McPharlin MID: Boyd, Harvey (M/F), Walker (M/F), Foley, Cunnington, B Hill, Newnes, Tyson, Stringer FWD: Westhoff, Walters, Betts, S Edwards, Vickery, Harvey (M/F), Walker (M/F) R: Maric (though unlikely he is going anywhere!) Do your best, do your worst.

12. Len

Start date has been supplied, and today is that date :) I know I referred to it in the draft thread and pretty sure Terry updated the calendar one..

13. Len

It is in fact, detailed in the OP :)

14. Fitzy

Fitzy Guest

This gets me excited

Accepting offers on everyone, so have got my team below, but the trade pile are the ones that will be easier to get off of me. Going to try (probably fail) not to trade much...
    Venus Bay Vultures Trade pile Dawson
    C.Young C.Barlett Renouf Petrenko Higgins Johncock Hoskin-Elliot Kerr
    Full Squad <p style='margin-bottom: 10px; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, San-Serif; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: 16px; background-color: #ffffff;][span style='font-size: 12px; color: #000000;]Backs: Gibbs, Watts, Malceski, Richards, M.Shaw, Docherty, Tynan, Dawson
    [span style='font-size: 14px; color: #434343;]Mids: Watson, Gaff, Mundy, Pearce, Kerr, Parker. C.Young, C.Barlett
    Ruck: Kreuzer, Longer, Renouf
    [span style='font-size: 12px; background-color: #ffffff; color: #000000;]Fwds: Blair, Higgins, Howe, Garlett, Petrenko, Hoskin-Elliot, Johncock
    Searching for :Mainly youth

15. G-Train

G-Train Member

<table border='0' cellpadding='0' cellspacing='0' width='515' style='margin-bottom: 10px; font-size: 12px; background-color: #ffffff; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, San-Serif; line-height: 16px; color: #000000; border-collapse: collapse; width: 386pt;] <tbody style='font-size: 12px;] <tr height='17' style='font-size: 12px; height: 12.75pt;] <td class='xl66' style='padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-size: 12px; vertical-align: middle; height: 12.75pt;]
    <td class='xl66' style='padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-size: 12px; vertical-align: middle;]Troy Chaplin
    <table border='0' cellpadding='0' cellspacing='0' width='515' style='margin-bottom: 10px; font-size: 12px; background-color: #ffffff; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, San-Serif; line-height: 16px; color: #000000; border-collapse: collapse; width: 386pt;] <tbody style='font-size: 12px;] <tr height='17' style='font-size: 12px; height: 12.75pt;] <td class='xl66' style='padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-size: 12px; vertical-align: middle; height: 12.75pt;]
    <td class='xl66' style='padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-size: 12px; vertical-align: middle;]Nick Riewoldt
    <td class='xl66' style='padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-size: 12px; vertical-align: middle;]Kane Cornes
    <td class='xl66' style='padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-size: 12px; vertical-align: middle;]Luke Hodge
    <td class='xl66' style='padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-size: 12px; vertical-align: middle;]Tom Bellchambers
    Open to discussion on all players.

16. chris88

Darraweit Guim and Waikikamoocow have agreed in principle to a trade which will see the Cow-Kickers' Justin Westhoff travel back over the ditch to the Paddock in exchange for the Blimps' Paul Duffield. The trade will be subject to physicals at both ends, a guarantee that Paul Duffield will be able to import his preferred hair product into New Zealand, and an assurance from the Guim that Justin Westhoff will be able to retain his beard. Thank you linesmen, thank you ball boys.

17. Len

An agreement has been reached between the folks at Darraweit Guim (spell checked twice) and Marble Bar.
    The agreement sees young Tomlinson of the GWS head to Marble Bar in exchange for Marble Bars 2nd Round MSD pick, said pick soon to be confirmed as pick #20. (On that note will have the full list of trade able picks up tonight, but it shouldn't be hard to work out if you have to know between now and then)

18. chris88

Thanks Len - a pleasure doing business with you. Sad to see young Adam go - the kid is really starting to find some form in the absence of General Patton ... he's only 19 and we reckon he is going to be a very good player - he played well in his short time at The Paddock. Best of luck Adam, and hopefully Pick #20 delivers the Guim a good player who can contribute.

19. graeme

graeme Guest

The Waikiks would like to thank the Hoff for his sterling service and wish him well in Blimpland.
    Paul Duffield is welcomed with open arms by all the hairdressers in the Waikik community.
    The match committee had tired of fielding OOP's in the back line and resolved to strengthen this area (Chief's comments have stayed with us). The opportunity to add Paul to the Waikiks was too good to turn down.

20. chris88

Westhoff Beard Shock New recruit vows: 'The beard stays'
    New Darraweit Guim recruit Justin Westhoff has vowed not to shave his beard as he prepares to head to his new club. Speaking after learning of the trade, Westhoff said he and his beard were a package deal, and that any rumours of Dirigible disquiet over his facial hair had been blown out of proportion. 'Nah, no-one has said anything to me about shaving the beard,' he told reporters. 'In fact, I'm hoping to quickly meet with Guim skipper Ivan Maric to see if we can hammer out a joint sponsorship deal involving the local barber, his mullet and my beard.' Westhoff said he was looking forward to continuing his career at Darraweit, and thanked his former teammates in New Zealand for their support.