Montagna In or Out?

Discussion in 'AFL' started by The_General, Jun 9, 2011.

1. The_General

The_General Member

Was looking at finishing of my mids with an upgrade of Swallow this week. But now with Montagna out, that plan has gone out the window.

Would like to get some thoughts on keeping him or moving him on. I just have a feeling he will be out until their bye. 3 weeks without a premium is a long time.

What would you do and why?

2. Fez

Fez Moderator

How many trades u got left?

3. DC

DC Member

Hey

Tough call..

I think he will stay in my team as I am going for league and need my trades.

However with you still in the running for the overall prize and with the chance of him missing 3 if you were going to move him on it would have to be for Ablett to benefit from Montagnas bye in 2 rounds anyway.

If Montagna comes back next week and say you picked up a Boyd/Priddis type player you will be kicking yourself as you were only covering the one week

4. The_General

The_General Member

Got 12 trades left and yeah if Monty goes Ablett comes in. He was coming in anyway this week to finish my mids.

5. jok

jok New Member

General, I am trading Joey.

I would hold if he had performed well throughout the year, but he has not been up to super preium standard - has a reasonable value at 478K at the moment and you have enough trades to cover.

6. DC

DC Member

His last 3 games before his injury

Was finding form no doubt...

Just had another look at his scores over the last two years and WOW with a decent run home for the Saints he could average 120+ when he gets back!!

7. thokash

thokash Full-Time Magician Staff Member

Argh, what a painful pick he has been! Poor form (both individual & team), suspended and now injured!

I'm leaning towards trading him also, have Swan out this week which means I'm 2 down, and I have Pendles also and can't risk him not coming back next week and playing 3 down.

If you work it out to be a conservative 10 points per game increase in average, and including a 100 point boost for the next two weeks (your 2nd mid cover would likely score 50-70 vs 100-120 of a premium), and another 50 if you trade to Ablett because he doesn't have a bye, then it I think it works out favourably.

I think if you have Swan & Pendlebury he has to go, and even if you just have Swan.

8. RV

RV New Member

+1 to thokash's post above.
    I have Pendles Swan and Montags.
    Trading in Jebus for Montags this week.
    I am going for league only.

9. DC

DC Member

Guys stop talking me in to trading him lol