Moo damn you! Worst rookies thus far ...

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Epicity, May 2, 2012.

1. Epicity

Epicity New Member

OK so none of us have a Delorean or a hover board, but if I could step back in time I'd sure as hell rethink my rookies ... Kerridge, Stephenson and C Smith are bringing out the oranges each week and killing me slowly ... what duds have you got out there folks and what do you plan to do with them?

2. Senator96

Senator96 Active Member

my problem is my premiums most of the rookies are doing okay!

had to offload ledger and dickson for greene and milera a few weeks back which seemed a bit of waste of trades but i allowed two for corrections. allowed 6 for injuries and unfortunetly two of those have been used already for mumford and fyfe.

Coniglio is mooing a bit too slowly for my liking pulling out of the game last week and being subbed this week is not what im after. Stephenson shits me dont care about what money he can make me at R4, just needed someone to step in in an emergency which ive already had a couple of times this year (and probably will again this week with sandilands doubtful) and hes nowhere to be seen.

Generally im glad i loaded up on GWS players as at least they play every week with the odd exception whereas ones from the other teams arent guaranteed anything as its much harder to break into those better sides. mcdonald hasnt made a lot of money yet because of that suspension but im thinking i'll probably keep him for the journey like heppell from last year unless he starting running outta gas

3. Epicity

Epicity New Member

I hear you dude. I guess my concern is that come Rd 11 when GWS have the bye it's going to be raining Krispy Kremes and due to the lack of viable downgrade options it's going to be a bloodbath ... I'm thrilled with GWS junior burgers but beyond them and usual suspects like Magner, Ellis and Moore, it's a nightmare!!

4. AngryAnt

AngryAnt New Member

For the initial outlay, Coniglio hasn't done what was required. He should have been at $300k at this stage. At least he's no Ledger or C.Smith to be fair.

5. FixEmUp

FixEmUp New Member

Ledger, Paine, Dickson, Darley, Shiel and even Miles.

Darley hasnt even played yet and Dickson and Paine are in and out too regularly for mine.

Got rid of Ledger on the weekend for McDonald.

6. demonspud

demonspud Member

Coniglio is this years Bennell, highdraft, little scoring, though looked good last match before being subbed after copping a whack in the head.

GWS players look to be rested once every 5 game i think and then hey come out with a big score before dropping off again. Expecing Kennedy to be back with a big score, and Shiel and the others rested for a week.

7. Benny

Benny New Member

I had Ledger Paine Dickson and Yagmoor. still got Paine and Dickson.
    @Fixemup Not sure there's much wrong with Shiel

8. Credmi

Credmi New Member

I think Cripps would have to be up there, has played in 5 games for a grand total of $8000 profit on your initial investment (m o o). I kept him until rnd 3 & was just glad I only lost $1,500 when I kicked his sorry ass to the kerb.

9. LiQuiD_SiXx

LiQuiD_SiXx Active Member

Any Dogs fans out there with some news on Clay Smith and Tory Dickson? Got them both eating up space on the pine and interested to know if they are due for a recall any time soon.

10. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

<blockquote>Quote from FixEmUp on May 1, 2012, 22:43
    Dickson and Paine are in and out too regularly for mine.
    </blockquote>
    very interesting comment that :mrgreen:

11. Bandit

Bandit Moderator Staff Member

:lol:

12. fidelsfinger

fidelsfinger New Member

13. Chicko

Chicko New Member

@anthak - gold!

No mention of Smedts?

14. FixEmUp

FixEmUp New Member

Im here til Sunday, lads.

Try the veal ;)

15. Epicity

Epicity New Member

Young Billie has copped injury and a vest in 5 short weeks, so I'm hoping he'll sit in the back pocket snugly for the rest of the year ... with a tonne of long term injuries and few options up back his JS should be better than average. Dellolio is the real question mark - can't see him getting too many games once Hurley, Winderlich and the rest of Club Hamstring return ... particularly seeing Davey and Jetta have got the small forward slots locked down ...

16. FixEmUp

FixEmUp New Member

Hold on to Billie I reckon. I am. Is a gun and theyll try and get as much game time in to him as possible. Mind you these vests are a bit of a worry.

17. Chicko

Chicko New Member

I'm holding Billie the Kid for now. Fingers crossed he comes good.

18. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Crazy question, but with lack of downgrade targets is Billie Smedts still an option? Whats his job security like? His crap score has meant he's still basically rookie priced...

19. The_Swert

The_Swert Active Member

Smedts has to be the worst so far. After 6 weeks you expected to be trading him out by now but he's only averaging 33 for a rise of &#36;16k and worse yet, he is predicted to actually fall next week.

You may have thought Relton Roberts was bad a couple of years ago but at least we knew it straight away and could trade him out. But young Smedts keeps tempting by being named only to wear the vest.

And the sad thing is that he's still in 130,000 teams making him the 9th most popular player this year.
    What a waste!

(lucky I avoided that one)

20. leb17

leb17 New Member

Ledger has to be the worst. You cannot afford to be missing out on the price rises of all the midfield rookies, and not have ledger racking up some points. Got drawn in by a mate of mine who barracks for the saints, fair to say im not too happy with him now...

Still hopeful that he could be back this week, with a few injuries down Moorabbin way