MPP Rucks

Discussion in 'AFL' started by H_Dons, Apr 24, 2012.

1. H_Dons

H_Dons New Member

My current rucks are HMac, Hale, Giles and Redden.

Just seeking some advice as to whether it is worth a trade (I have 23) to chop Dickson and get myself a FWD/RUC such as Rowe from Carlton.

I'm aware he may not get a game, but the point is to allow Hale to go forward, since Giles is doing so well I feel like he's going to waste on the pine...especially when he sometimes outscores Hale!

Is it worth making this move? I looked at other potential MPP rucks but Rowe was by far the best option in terms of potentially getting a game and price, Also Pattison is an option from the Hawks if they were to have any more injuries to their rucks.

Thoughts/advice much appreciated thanks!

2. VanderHaar

VanderHaar New Member

id think that dixon might be a little early to axe tho depends what you are chasing? league or overall ?

at the moment giles is averging 9 points more than hale

who in your forward line would you replace with hale?

say for instance a hall and d smith are av 53 and 60

so if hale played instead of those and you went off av ....thats + 9 giles and plus 25 for smith or 32 to hall

so the trade would net you around 34 to 40 points per week if you went off current averages and having rowe as a non playing chess piece

3. VanderHaar

VanderHaar New Member

ps i really think hale hates a wet track

4. H_Dons

H_Dons New Member

Yeh I'd agree on Hale and the wet track.

D.Smith is on my MIDs bench and I have Kennedy (71 ave.) and Milera (67 ave.)as my on-field rookies in the FWDs (Porpoise doesn't count as one).

I currently have Fyfe on the pine in the FWDs too, but I may trade him and if I do it will be for a MID.

So potentially I only have 1 rookie playing forward...so moving Hale would mean I have an all premium forward line, or just 1 rookie forward line if I trade Fyfe.

I guess it's maybe not looking worthwhile. Is a trade worth those extra 20-40 points a game?

Perhaps I wait a few weeks...could downgrade D.Smith and at least make some money when trading for Rowe. And while waiting these few weeks check to see if Giles actually maintains his scoring in the first place.

5. Daws

Daws New Member

If the big O is named this week you could go Dickson to Big O, move Hale to your FWD line and have a playing sub instead of the non-playing sub in Rowe.

Only downside is that you can't swap Hale back into the rucks withou trading again.