NAB Cup GF Teams

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Jason, Mar 16, 2012.

1. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

Kerridge named as an emergency
    Weedon and K.Stevens named as emergencies
    Brennan not in squad of 25.

Doesn't bode well for their R1 prospects

2. NotTooSerious

NotTooSerious Member

Very true Jason, I was really surprised about Stevens, particularly as Worsfold was talking him up yesterday.

3. Didn't they decide that they would use the NAB cup rules this round though, meaning they could only be named as emergencies in the first half of their games?

4. Jason

I found this on the Australian website from Feb 14:

"The AFL has already decided that the three-interchange and one substitute system will remain for the premiership season after it was introduced last year.

For that reason, all matches in the final weekend of the pre-season competition, including the NAB Cup grand final, will revert to premiership-season rules."

Did you hear something more recently to counter this BB?

5. I've just been looking for an article Jase and no luck but I'm sure I heard on channel 10 sports news in the last couple of days that WC and Crows both petitioned the AFL about it successfully saying that it meant they could play some players they otherwise couldn't

6. fidelsfinger

fidelsfinger New Member

I'd like to see the pre season nab cup done away with entirely,
    extend the full season,
    allow more bench rotations,
    even up the fixtures fairly so each team plays eachother twice, once @home, once away,
    it's the only way to make the competition truly fair,
    but my desire to see this happen is as likely as eddy removing his mouth from demetrio's crotch.

7. Buzzboys

Buzzboys Member

I am sure I heard that the AFL has decided to allow the 3 emergencies to be subs. ie There will be 3 interchange and 4 Subs for the last round of the NAB cup. Hope I heard correctly.

8. Jason

BF board suggests you are indeed correct BB/Buzzboys. Can't find it anywhere more official than that though at the moment.

9. Stampede

Stampede Member

Woosha says it here - think that's what he must mean:

http://www.westcoasteagles.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/7155/newsid/130696/default.aspx

10. Jason

It's more clearly stated here:

http://www.westcoasteagles.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/7155/newsid/130751/default.aspx

"Eric Mackenzie, who was hit flush on the face when a St Kilda opponent kicked the football last week, has been cleared to play while on-baller Luke Shuey has been named as an emergency, along with Gerrick Weedon and Koby Stevens.

Under the rules for this fixture, those three players can be injected into the game in the second half."

11. Stampede

Stampede Member

That eases the fears about Stevens' job security slightly I guess. They might be semi resting him as I think he's played virtually full games so far? Still would have been better to see him in the 21.