NAB Final/Challenge

Discussion in 'AFL' started by TerryinBangkok, Mar 12, 2011.

1. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

While a silverware encounter between Essendon and Collingwood should have made for some great banter between walesy and Lucas, seems they are both caught in the headlights.

The Challenge kicks off very soon at Princes Park and there will be a lot of people's wish lists on display.

Anyone with reports direct from the match, TV or other sources, please post it here.

2. Bearfly

Bearfly Moderator Staff Member

Live stream will be available on Richmond website Terry

3. TerryinBangkok

Yeah thanks, looks like it may be the only match that has it.

Crows off to a flyer. McKernan has 1.

4. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Ill be heading to Sandringham tomorrow to watch our reserves in action. Rhys Stanley, Jack Steven & Zac Dawson have all been named so will try and get a quick report up for anyone that is considering them (well im assuming only The Knife)

5. silacious

silacious New Member

I hope the bombers get bent over backwards tonight. Because the fans are getting cocky.

6. NotTooSerious

NotTooSerious Member

<blockquote>Quote from silacious on March 11, 2011, 15:20
    I hope the bombers get bent over backwards tonight. Because the fans are getting cocky.</blockquote>

Chill out silacious! They have had a long time at the bottom and its good to see them competitive again! Besides collingwood supporters are way more cocky! ;)

7. silacious

silacious New Member

True, They will be bottom 4 like my club

8. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

We both put up a preview today thanks to being blinded again.

Ah well these things happen. :p

But at least you get a nice watch list for the games this weekend, and a funny laugh at the stadium name in the Gold Coast.

9. Bearfly

Bearfly Moderator Staff Member

1/4 time Richmond 2.0 12 Adelaide 7.4 46

10. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

Maybe Walesy and I might have to do a Twitter report. I will offer a few of my thoughts to #tsafl if I have a good connection. It's sometimes a bit flaky at the old Jihad Stadium

11. GeneralHodge

GeneralHodge New Member

I'm going for Collingwood. I honestly don't think I've ever utered those words before. Sorry to those respected Essendon posters on here but I am just so sick of some of your other supporters boasting about the preseason. It's the PS FFS.

12. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Sorry but cant bring myself to go for either sides tonight so ill be barracking for the umpires....

13. TerryinBangkok

Walker kicked 7 for the Crows who swamped Richmond by 11 goals. Knights apparently also good, along with Sloane. Ottens steady but enough you would think.

Best for Tiges were Grigg, Foley, Martin, Post and Rance. More ominous from that is that Deledio, Connors and Newman all very quiet. Not much from Conca or Bachelor and Cotchin was 'rested'.

14. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

Without SuperCoach, I wouldn't give a toss about tonight's game. I care very little for either club and don't really relish the prospect of either of them winning.

But because of SuperCoach, I will be following all the action tonight with a vested interest. Would never have thought I'd be saying that a few years ago.

15. TerryinBangkok

@Jason

1. My excuse is I get to know all the players and thus have better appreciation of who my team have picked up and who are the key players in our opposition.

2. You can have footy 3 days a week instead of 1 (7, if your TS).

3. If it weren't for Collingwood/Essendon tonight you probably would never have got a statement out of Lucas that Footscray are one of only three teams that could possibly win 2 flags in 5 years.

Always a bright side.

16. Morko78

Morko78 New Member

@Jason- I suppose winning the NAB Cup doesn't really amount to much like last season heh? Can't wait for the real stuff though.

17. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

@Morko78
    I have the DVD. Not much else footy-related to put next to it in the DVD cabinet though. But yeah, nobody else cares much about the NAB Cup win last year, including me.

I was interested to learn that Collingwood played in three unsuccessful prelim finals across the years leading into their premiership year of 2010. Here's hoping that it can be our turn in 2011.

18. Daveo

Daveo Member

@ Jason

you can add losing 2 grand finals to that list. So dogs fans could still be waiting a while.

19. GeneralHodge

GeneralHodge New Member

Hawks kick the first 4 goals of the 3rd quarter to take an 11 point lead over the demons. Hawks not playing Hodge, Mitchell, and Franklin.

20. TerryinBangkok

Thanks Gen. Hodge - like to let us know where you are picking up scores from?