NBA Matchup 13

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Gerardic, Jan 24, 2011.

By Gerardic on Jan 24, 2011 at 11:00 AM
  1. Gerardic

Gerardic New Member

NBA Matchup 13

It is hard to believe that we are at the halfway mark of the season already as some teams have already played more than 41 games.  The season is going so quick and before you know it will be playoff time.

This week was the first week where we welcomed the players from Pikus United and El Bonanzas onto our rosters.   I am sure most teams would have been really happy with how their players performed that they received from the lottery.  David West has been a great pickup for me so far.  Some of our fantasy teams have a taken a hit with injuries this week.  Both Marcus Camby and Tyrus Thomas went down with significant injuries which will see them out for a number of weeks.

The big news of the week was that the Carmelo trade fell through.  I am still thinking he will be traded before the trade deadline but who knows where he is going to go to now?  There have also been rumours floating around that some other big trades may occur before the deadline.  It will be interesting to see which teams think they need to “top up” their roster to improve their chances in the playoffs and which teams will start to rebuild for the next season.

Last week, I mentioned that there was tie in our poll to decide how many points should be awarded to the home team during the playoffs.   There have been no further votes on this poll during this week.  If you have not voted yet, please do so as we still do not have a clear majority.<!--more-->

As predicted last week, there were some huge scores in our league this round.

Matchup 12 Review

Stevo’s Nuggets     933     v     Too Seriouseses     804

I was very happy to get the win considering I had the lowest winning score for this round.  My new recruit David West led the way with 190 and was ably assisted by Wall 184, Dooling 125 and Young 104.  Day 3 of this matchup is where I was able to establish a match winning lead by outscoring Walesy by 120 on this day.  Unfortunately for Walesy he only had one player reach the 100 point mark this week and that was Billups on 110.

King of Karlos     1231     v     Team Anthak     1019

The lead between Karlos and Anthak went back and forth all week before Karlos was able to kick clear on day 5 of this matchup.  Karlos had 8 players scored over 100 pts this week which is unbelievable. Howard was the best with 178 and Jamison was next on 144.  Anthak did reasonably well this week considering most of his players would have been suffering jet leg moving to Vietnam.  Rose was the star this week again with 252 and Randolph was next on 171.

Ruddy’s Cavaliers     996     v     Team El Bonanzas     0

I think Ruddy would be very pleased with his score this week considering he had a lot of players out injured  for most of the matchup – Boozer, Miller, Barbosa were all missing at various times.  Nash was the best with 220 followed by Gasol 146, Chandler 129 and Allen 101.

Adelaide Maggots     1006     v     Wade Machine     874

The Maggots justified my faith in tipping them by winning their match.  Chris Paul returned back to form by scoring 215 this week and D J Augustin was next on 172.  The Maggots had big day 5 of this matchup where they outscored Wade Machine by 170 and that was too big a lead to overtake.  Unfortunately for Dan this week he had a number of players who missed key games (Wade, Horford and Hill) which did not help his cause.  Baron Davis was the best with 166 followed by Scola 146 and Nowtizki 142.

Fudge’s Sixers     1363     v     Jasmine’s Mob     1109

A great effort by Fudge to knock off one of the top teams.  Obviously with such a high score this week, Fudge had a lot of good scores in his team which consisted of Aldridge 212, Iggy 196, Curry 196, Harris 180 and Lee 173.  Fudge won this match on the last 2 days of the matchup where he outscored Jasmine by over 220.  Jasmine’s team still scored a very high total and was unlucky running into the Sixers when they were on the top of their game.  Jasmine had good scores by Williams 211, Ellis 168 and Kirilenko 147.

Westside Hardcore     1325     v     Danny’s Lebronts     898

Another good score by Westside and they were too strong in this matchup.  They led from start to finish and did not let up on any day.  Westside had 6 players in their team who scored over 100 and Carmelo was the best with 161 followed by Duncan 152 and Hill 144.  The Lebronts received some good contributions from Gordon 178, Lebron 136, Bass 129 and Nelson 123.  Westside used 15 players in this matchup which was good team management.

Run TMC     1383     v     Do Something Knicks     1251

The Knicks kept fighting until the end of the matchup and came up with a personal best score for this season but were still unable to bring down Run TMC.  It says a lot about the team Owen has put together that it can see off a strong challenge by one of the up and coming teams.  Rookie of the year Blake Griffin was the star with 256 (a lot of people are regretting not drafting him earlier – I know I am), Wright 163, Prince 159 and Hayes 148 were other good contributors.  The Knicks had 7 players score over 100 which was a great effort and were led by Diaw 199, Blatche 165, Boykins 147 and Gortat 149.

Under Achievers     1040     v     Doobia Dominator’s     977

The Under Achievers got a well deserved victory here.   The Dominators started off strong by posting 338 on day one of the matchup but the Under Achievers were able to run them down.  The Under Achievers had 6 players reach the 100 pt mark led by Kidd on 134, Lopez 125, Derozan 124 and Humphries 116.  The Dominators were led by their new recruit Granger 184, Gallinari 125, Felton 114 and Johnson 105.

Team Heaver     1471     v     Team Stowie     965

Heaver continued on with their winning ways by belting Team Stowie.  I am not sure who is going to stop the Heaver train from taking the title? Heaver scored a huge 422 pts on day one and Westbrook led the way with 204 followed by Martin 156, Batum 149, Anderson 136, Williams 123 and Fernandez 122.  Stowie put up a valiant effort and received good help from Matthews 162, Kobe 135, Okafor 125 and Collison 121.

Team Fezkat     1195    v     Pikus United     0

Fez would be somewhat disappointed that he scored a great score this week but was playing against Pikus so it did not count for much!  The best players for Team Fezkat this week were Amare 183, Joe Johnson 180, Deng 144 and Holiday 133.  Fez will be hoping that his team maintains it’s good form over the next few rounds.

Onto my tips for Matchup 13. I will make this quick as I don’t have much time tonight.

Ruddy’s Cavaliers     (7-5)     v     Too Seriouses     (6-6)

My tip:  Ruddy to get some injured players back on the court and get the win

Wade Machine     (5-7)     v     El Bonanzas      (0-12)

My tip: I really want to pick El Bonz to win as Anthak and I have never picked Dan to win, lol.  I don’t think forfeits count as a win, so it is a draw this week

Fudge’s Sixers     (5-7)     v     Adelaide Maggots     (5-7)

My tip:  Fudge to back up his huge win from last week.

Danny’s Lebronts      (7-5)     v     Jasmine’s Mob      (9-3)

My tip:  I expect Jasmine to bounce back from her loss last round.

Run TMC     (11-1)     v      Westside Hardcore     (8-4)

My tip:  This promises to be the match of the round.  Can Westside bring down Run TMC? I think not, Run TMC to get a narrow victory

Doobia Dominator’s     (5-7)     v     Do Something Knicks     (5-7)

My tip:  Do Something Knicks are a dangerous outfit at the moment and will get the win.

Team Stowie     (5-7)     v     Under Achievers     (4-8)

My tip: This promises to be another close match.  I think Stowie will sneak over the line.

Pikus United     (0-12)     v     Team Heaver     (8-4)

My tip:  Have you seen a bigger mismatch? Nothing needs to be said

King of Karlos     (10-2)     v     Team Fezkat     (5-7)

My tip:  I think Fez can push Karlos all the way in this matchup but I think Karlos will get a narrow victory.

Stevo’s Nuggets     (5-7)      v     Team Anthak     (9-3)

My tip:  My only chance of winning is to take out Derrick Rose.  That is not going to happen, so Anthak will get win.

Anyhow, let us know how your week went and what is going to happen this week.

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Gerardic, Jan 24, 2011.