Need some Advice lads..

Discussion in 'AFL' started by 22nd_best_on_Field, May 4, 2011.

1. 22nd_best_on_Field

22nd_best_on_Field New Member

Ok Lads,
    Firstly love the site (long time reader, first time poster), I need some help – After R4 I was in love with my list and thought I was in a really good spot (at about 1000 overall in the league), however a disastrously timed overseas Holiday during R5 resulting in me coping 7 doughnuts (with 7 scoring bench players for F’s sake) and a R5 score of 1675 has seen me plummet to 15000 odd so now have to focus on cash league! I'm feeling R7 is shaping as the make or break round for me with direction i choose so looking for some advice/comments on my list management. Currently have 20 trades remaining and nothing ($7900) in the kitty. Current List reads:

BACKS:
    Deledio, Gibbs, Goddard, Grimes, Heppell, Duigan, Thompson ( McKernan, Toy, Puopolo)

MIDS: Swan, Pendlebury, Judd, Boyd, Liberatore, Higgins (Swallow - GC, Harris, Conca)

RUCKS: Cox, Sandi (Smith, Dericxx)

FWDS: N Riewoldt, J Riewoldt, O'Keefe, Goodes, Franklin, Darling, Tapscott (Matera, Richardson, Prestia).

Ideally I want to get in Hibbert at some stage onto the Mid Bench to Link up with numerous MMP Backs, but am struggling for direction with trades (ie double downgrade this week? Downgrade upgrade in the Backs?) Duigans time is done but for the life of me I cannot see a quality downgrade that manages to avoid putting hibbert in the backs (wasting MPP link) and Getting another ADEL Def.. If this was your list what would you do?
    [*][*][*]

2. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Have a read through the Round 7 Trades thread - it will give you some invaluable advice on what to do. Many (including myself) are in the same or a similar boat to you.

You'll have to make the choice of waiting on Duigan one extra week and maybe copping a slight price decrease, or culling a mid cash cow one or two weeks early.

Personally I think culling a cow 1 or 2 weeks early this year isn't such a big deal with the larger benches and great cows we have.

3. LiQuiD_SiXx

LiQuiD_SiXx Active Member

can you please edit your post so it is easier to read? it is difficult to analyse your team when it looks like random names.

4. 22nd_best_on_Field

BACKS: Deledio, Gibbs, Goddard, Grimes, Heppell, Duigan, Thompson ( McKernan, Toy, Puopolo)

MIDS: Swan, Pendlebury, Judd, Boyd, Liberatore, Higgins (Swallow - GC, Harris, Conca)

RUCKS: Cox, Sandi (Smith, Dericxx)

FWDS: N Riewoldt, J Riewoldt, O'Keefe, Goodes, Franklin, Darling, Tapscott (Matera, Richardson, Prestia).

5. 22nd_best_on_Field

hope that helps - best i can manage - it doesnt let me space them out

6. Johnson

Johnson Active Member

I have a similar team, and am thinking Duigan to Enright and Swallow to Iles this week, not exactly hans solo in doing this I am sure, and whilst i would like Chappy this week, he will come in 2 weeks. Hibberd you can wait for I think to create the MPP link. Richardson appears dead weight to me, somehow you'll need to move him on.

7. LiQuiD_SiXx

LiQuiD_SiXx Active Member

Cheers mate.

I believe Duigan's time is up this week. Whether you upgrade or downgrade him is the question.

To upgrade him you will need to downgrade elsewhere, meaning culling one of your mid cows a week early. As you dont have Curnow, Swallow appears the best value.

With no rookie Backs on the bubble this week a downgrade could be dangerous, but Hibberd is rated highly and will play more this year. Ideally you need him in the mids so that rules that trade out.

If that were my team, this week I would go Swallow > Iles and Duigan > (Prem Def) and then next week go Libba > Hibberd and make an upgrade where you see fit.

8. 22nd_best_on_Field

thanks for the Advice lads,
    ended up trading Swallow - Hibbert, i know he is playing for Bendigo this week but rate him and think he'l play a dozen games in the seniors this yr and i'm not sold on Iles.
    Duigan - Enright.