Nick Riewoldt

Discussion in 'AFL' started by hawks2008, Apr 19, 2011.

1. hawks2008

hawks2008 Member

Will his scores improve? price is set to drop in the next few weeks. with 40k in the bank, im thinking of getting buddy before he becomes to expensive.

2. LiQuiD_SiXx

LiQuiD_SiXx Active Member

hold onto him - that saints have a nice run of games coming back from the bye so he should score well.

a sideways trade to buddy is a bad move because you kept Roo through the saints bye last week and Buddy will have his bye in Round 6. Effectively creating a "third" bye and wasting a trade in the process.

3. DC

DC Member

Trading Roo? What a Joke!

Saints are losing and he is scoring pretty good wait till they start winning!

He will kick a bag this week!

4. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

We don't have a nice run of games coming up. Brisbane, Adelaide both interstate an then Carlton, Hawthorn, then I think Melbourne is in there but we also play Bulldogs, Geelong, Collingwood before our bye in round 14...

5. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

But having said that don't trade Roo... Don't go chasing last weeks points by trading out premiums.

6. Midge001

Midge001 Member

I agree, don't trade. Firstly, Riewoldt is still averaging 100, and he'll continue doing that even if his price comes down...when you pick him you do it for the year and don't get squirmy because is value doesn't matter. After the round 6 bye, Buddy comes up against Port and St kilda, teams he averages about 70 against, which is something to keep in mind. If you don't have him I'd be getting him after Round 9.

7. Fez

Fez Moderator

Yes definately not with the bye situation, realistically saints should win by 10 goals this week so riewoldt should score ok

8. Whyt_ee

Whyt_ee New Member

I agree keep Roo he's solid, but can't see the saints winning by 10 goals, that would mean they'd have to kick 20. When did that happen last?

9. spud

spud New Member

The Saints can only get better. Hold onto champions like Roo, he and Goddard will be the ones that are responsible for the Saints turnaround and should see their points increase accordingly.

10. Just to put in my 2c I'm looking at trading N.Roo IN this week, if that gives you an idea of my opinion on it

11. Sainter

Sainter New Member

No injury. Scarlett & Taylor... nuff said.

12. Whyt_ee

Whyt_ee New Member

too many tears

13. GeneralHodge

GeneralHodge New Member

too cheap to get rid of atm for me. Might upgrade him when finals come if he has not come good by then.

14. Sainter

Sainter New Member

Hmmmm, well, if he doesn't perform vs. NM, then he's REALLY out of form, normally would have a day out against them.

15. meataxe

meataxe Guest

If you didn't have Roo in your team you'd probably be thinking of bringing him in, so on that logic I don't think you can really sideways him out.

16. DC

DC Member

<blockquote>Quote from meataxe on June 19, 2011, 19:58
    If you didn't have Roo in your team you'd probably be thinking of bringing him in, so on that logic I don't think you can really sideways him out.</blockquote>

Agree 110&#37; with this!

17. crew

crew New Member

If his arse was worth more I'd sack the 23 points scoring far can dud. Done his best to lose me the game this week (Won by 5) happily park his arse on the bench and no intension of putting him back in till he goes 2 decent games in a row.

18. BigLance

BigLance New Member

<blockquote>Quote from crew on June 19, 2011, 22:20
    If his arse was worth more I'd sack the 23 points scoring far can dud. Done his best to lose me the game this week (Won by 5) happily park his arse on the bench and no intension of putting him back in till he goes 2 decent games in a row.
    </blockquote>
    HAHA know how u feel, i am sick of his absolute garbage this year and if i could afford the trades i would have him outta there. He's got a week outta my team to think about his future with the policy. Him and his cousin have had there last runs in my teams.

19. silacious

silacious New Member

He'd be gone for mine too if i didn't want to burn a trade on him. First year i have him in my side. lost too much value in him to offload him

20. Senator96

Senator96 Active Member

yeah hes dropped 154 grand but chapman's lost even more but id feel a lot more confortable with chappy in the team certainly his average is very decent. He's the only one id consider sidewaysing Riewoldt for but it is burning away another valuable trade thats the problem