No afl next week

Discussion in 'AFL' started by lezyeoh, May 11, 2011.

1. lezyeoh

lezyeoh New Member

Don't think there will be any games next week...actually the next 3 weeks. Anyone that makes a tackle and brings the player to the ground will obviously not be playing. be sure no one's head hits the ground cause that will be high contact.

soooooo irate at the moment. Just needed to vent

2. HeavyMen

HeavyMen Well-Known Member

Yep saw at least 3 last nite equal to or harder than Trengroves. What on earth they think was wrong with what Jack did is beyond me. 3 weeks yr kidding!
    If even a week sticks I hope they sue or maybe get Jobe to organise a sit in protest??

If it's any consolation lezyeoh I thought the Dees moved the ball a treat. First look at Frawley live & thought he was terrific along with the whole team. Couldn't believe Jamar's injured. They're gunna miss Jamar to Maloney. On the plus side S Martin will hopefully come of my SC pine & take his place again.

3. whips

whips New Member

Agreed. Ridiculous!
    And I oppose the sling tackle as I think players should be protected.
    But as sling tackles go, that was very much at the lower end of the scale. One week maybe.
    Certain reports become the flavour of the month. A couple of years ago, suspensions were handed out for striking players to the ribs when they're attempting a mark.
    On Monday night, Milne did same but that's not flavour of the month at the moment. This year it seems you can punch to the ribs but not take their arms.
    It's plain stupid!!

4. lezyeoh

lezyeoh New Member

Look, still wouldn't have been happy with 1 week, but would have copped that on the chin. 3 weeks is outrageous!

@Heavy, Jamar is out, Spencer got injured last weekend as well. Martin apparently has bruised ribs, lost grimes, trengove. Think our next ruckman is either Newton(a forward) or Gawn who played VFL reserves....

Not a good week...

5. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

They need to, at periodic points through the year, compare what thinks were determined 1, 2, 3, 4+ weeks, and see their inconsistencies.

That Waite got 0, and Brown got 2 for a filthy dog act which truly reflects the character of the poor human-thug he is, and then Trengove gets 3....absolute joke.