Official pre-leagues post leagues post.

Discussion in 'AFL' started by walesy, Feb 3, 2011.

1. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

Hey guys, I'm currently working on getting a post up on the leagues.

I'm thinking we'll be looking at the following-

General TS leagues - Basically ones that are under the TS banner and open to anyone and everyone who wants to join. In short, you'll want to put a TS in the league name, make sure it's not abusing ;) and then throw the league code up on the forum.

Donor Leagues - Open to donors, but as above.

Unofficial Cash Leagues - In short, if people want to organise some side action on their TS league, I'm not going to stop them- I am pretty sure though that you'll find a number of willing participant who want to join your league in these parts though

TS Platinum league - This is unique from last year, essentially it will be the creamiest of the TS crop. Based on rank over the past year or two. But I'll have a separate entry for people to register their interest in this one.

What I need to develop first before I post it to the main board though is a method to make sign-ups manageable.

I'm thinking the TS Leagues will have a thread dedicated solely to the posting of leagues. So start a league, give it a name, then post the league in that thread. Sign up to a not-full league though before creating a new one. (and also keep the thread updated when it get's full!)

The donor leagues will be much that same, just on the donor forum. ;)

The Unofficial Cash Leagues- I'm thinking that will be where it gets tricky. Each league will need it's own thread, and the organiser will need to set out the entry/payout structure within the opening post. Then any signups can be managed through that thread.

hmmm, maybe it is thought through enough to make it happen... Let me know what you think, otherwise I'll put this in place over the weekend.

2. Fez

Fez Moderator

Yeah i'll declare my interest in being invovled in a general TS league and well as the donor cash league

3. stick

stick New Member

I like the sound of a TS Platinum...hopefully I qualify!!

4. Jet

Jet Member

No way Fez, is that your daughter? Congrats if it is.

5. Moonwalker

Moonwalker New Member

I hope I qualify for a Platinum League - ranked 7404 last season. Do you know at this stage how many platinum leagues there will be this year Walesy? Cheers.

6. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

I'm thinking just the one.

The thing is, anyone who comes to TS is in with a crack at scoring well - as proved by the Waterboys (or was it the orange peelers) - last year. In short it means that none of the TS leagues will be an easy beat so there's no need to rank all the leagues by rank and so forth.

I just thought it would be nice to have a league that could challenge for the #1. Show the rest of the leagues a little TS spirit when it's boiled down to it awesome-est. :)

7. Luigi197

Luigi197 New Member

yep Walesy i'll b in one.. hoping to b in one of the best TS leagues..

should be averaging over 2200 this year. my bets on that def :D

8. GRG

GRG New Member

I'm also keen to be part of a TS league again. I took out the Pine Warmers league last year. Overall Rank 1563.

9. Steve

Steve Moderator Staff Member

It was the Pinewarmers League and we finished 17th overall in SC. The toughest league I have ever been in. I had the 4th total highest points for in our league and finished in 12th spot!

10. LiQuiD_SiXx

LiQuiD_SiXx Active Member

ah the Pinewarmers! that was one competitive league we had going there. is there any way to check what rank my team was last year?

11. cptFantasy

cptFantasy New Member

Please sign me up for a general TS league I finished about at about 5,000 last season with my side Brutal Deluxe.

12. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

hey walesy, that all sounds good. should work ok. Im interested, but will wait tillyou set up threads to sort it out.

I would also love to get in to platinum league. problem was, if you go by my team last year it wasnt set up for oa and suffered because of it. but my mrs team that i set up and controlled was in top 500 for a fair chunk of season but slipped out of top 1000 by seasons end. finishing about 1200th from memory, may have been better, may have been worse.
    anyways, Im doubting that will be anywhere near good enough to get into platinum league, as i know there were heaps of people that finished in top 300 around here.

13. soups

soups New Member

I was hoping the TS Premier League would be somewhere near creamiest of the crop :)

14. DAZZLER

DAZZLER New Member

Dazzler is willing to have a crack ANYWHERE you can place him..
    Finish about 5,500th last year in a tough one...
    The one main thing for DAZZLER is"16 COMMITTED PLAYERS !!!!!"
    Good work Walesy..

15. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

it should work out that way soups... you will prob in there, i would imagine.

where did you finish last season?

there were a lot of people around here finished around 100th oa and better. and heaps inside top300. put a league togethert of people like that - if they back up, the league would have to come close to #1 ranking.

would be great for TS!

16. lezyeoh

lezyeoh New Member

i finished round 8,000 mark. only 2nd year doing it though. So looking to get top 5000 this year as a minimum.