Oh when the Saints, all start to choke. Oh when the Saints, all start to choke...

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Tino, May 16, 2011.

1. Tino

Tino Member

Back to the N Riewoldt and B Goddard situation? When do we cut and run from one (or both) of them?

2. spud

spud New Member

The damage has been done, price wise. If you're still holding on to them, the only time I would suggest moving them on (if at all) is when they are clearly not in the top 7 in their position. As it stands, whilst Goddard is plummeting price wise and certainly under-performing SC wise, he is still scoring relatively okay compared to the other available options.

I keep telling myself that things can only go up and they'll turn it around sooner rather than later - they had a really good chance against the Blues and I thought they looked okay.

3. Pecks

Pecks New Member

Save the trades for finals so you avoid wasting talent on the bench. The 2 trades could be used for example in round 22 when you might have Chappy and Selwood benched(a million bucks worth!), or round 23 when Judd and Gibbs are warming pine. You could swap for equivalent value players then. Those Saints turkeys can't get worse from here surely...(and Goddard is still averaging over 100)

4. DC

DC Member

Save the trades.

I would say that every team in the comp would have either Roo/Goddard or BOTH in there team!

You would be laughing right now if you didnt pick any of them this year.

Goddards preseason form had 'DO NOT PICK ME' written all over it

For the record.. I have both lol

5. whips

whips New Member

On the other side of the Saints' ledger, is the JS of rookies such as Siposs and Cripps more assured?
    Like many SC'ers I've steered clear of StK rookies in the past.

6. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Cripps & Siposs will play every game barring injury.

7. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

Goddard is still averaging over 100 isn't he? Yes, not great, but the defensive crop have been woeful this year.

NRoo is struggling but still giving us 80 or so points a game. If you have him, hold him.

Stkildathunda - what type of player is Siposs. I haven't seen him or the Saints in a couple of weeks - are you able to shed some light?

8. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

I still think Goddard will finish in the top 7 backs for the year. Roo I'm not so sure about, but he looked better for a quarter against the Hawks. He really has to change his kicking style or something to become more accurate.

9. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Arryn Siposs is one of the best kicks ive seen in long time. Would nearly be the best kick at our club!!! If he has a shot from 45m+ out id put my house on it that he'd kick it everytime. Strong marking forward and is solidly built for a kid.

He kicked 37 goals last year in the TAC Cup and 99 in a season in U/16's including a 16.1 goal haul in one game...

Heres his first goal in the AFL

[embed]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpxT-mWyIfg&feature=player_embedded[/embed]

10. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

I've done a bit of reading and checking since I posted thunda, and yep, I agree with you - am impressed with this kid. Could be a real find at pick 70-something in the draft if Lyon continues to play him.

11. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

yea looks like a real steal.. Apparently was thought he would go in the 40's/50's but slipped through. Arryn & his entire family are mad Saints supporters aswell so no fear that he'll walk away from the club anytime soon!!

What start to question Ross's plans if he was to drop this kid anytime soon. In what is going down as our worst season since the early 2000's Siposs & Cripps are standing tall alongside Fisher & Dal as our only positives so far...

12. silacious

silacious New Member

I'd keep them both lost too much money on them. Goddard can still churn out some ok scores. Even Nroo has still been doing ok without setting the world on fire. Who else would you bring in if you already have Jroo, Fraklyn, Pavlich, Goodes or ROK?

13. clackerz

clackerz Member

I reckon with the Saints season pretty much well <insert indecent language> so Pissoff is a good chance to get games.
    I've got both NRoo & Goddard - and I'll hold.
    Have faith - it's pretty rare to have guys like these continue with such a form slump, but if the leaders have performance issues, it will spread down.
    The fish starts to rot at the head!