ORFFA 2023 Finals Teams & Banter

Discussion in 'ORFFA' started by Bandit, Aug 10, 2023.

1. HeavyMen

HeavyMen Well-Known Member

Wh..Wha...What day is it? :p
    Last thing I remember was starting Mad Monday & losing my voice chanting Bama for Prime Minister with all our faithful.
    Commiserations Snoz
    Can't believe I'm uninjured, unscathed & free of all ..er..things requiring a penicillin jab (or two).
    A season to remember & thanks for including me in all the goss around this league.
    Can someone advise how to broach the subject of the players trip with my wife :)

• Like Like x 5
  2. Bandit

Bandit Moderator Staff Member

• Like Like x 2
  3. bama

bama Active Member

Wow can't believe the Beauty's have won their first flag!

Congrats to all on a great season and a massive thank you to number one ticket holder @HeavyMen for all the hard work that's been put in.

Party time boys!!!

• Like Like x 6
  4. Jen

Jen Well-Known Member

Yes it was the Get Stuffed Zac Cup but I won

Thanks @JC for a good match up. life got in the way the last few weeks for us here in the Riches's household and I never looked at my team, but having Larky as my emergency saved my butt.

• Like Like x 4
  5. snoz

snoz Moderator

Firstly, amazing stuff @dmandrews for that fantastic look back on ORFFA and the teams involved in the Granny.
    Truly remarkable work !!

Secondly, F#@K me !!!! Didn't get a chance to check the TS site rollover till last night but had a feeling I was screwed
    when I fleetingly saw a FB Message from @That KI Guy along the lines of Get Rucked or something or other......dammit.

Congrats @bama & @HeavyMen - a great win and an even better rebuild over the years.
    Losing Will Powell (again) at this time of year forced me to start normal emergency Zuthrie which probably cost
    me 50 points, but not having a ruck just purely blows. Blitz & Grundy.....UGH.....one injured, the other a dumb dumb
    for choosing a team with an AA ruck in Gawn already. Please ORRFA gods make sure he is traded to Port or Sydney.
    Jack Martin OOP ruck 10 points? Hahahahahaha.......bloody loser !!!

Anyway, another great season in ORFFA land. Thanks to all for playing, all those who contributed, and to those marching
    into another season of fun & sarcastic banter. The Hoppers will lick our wounds, drink copious amounts of beer & be back
    bigger & stronger next year to be a regular season hero and most likely a finals dumb dumb again.

• Like Like x 6
  6. graeme

graeme Well-Known Member

Congrats @bama well deserved, although in saying that I feel for my mate @snoz who has been dogged by bad luck these last couple of years in his attempts for (ORFFA) world domination.

Vividly remember a few years back (four of five?) when I offered a trade for someone whose name escapes me (and as always it was very reasonable offer) and you declined and added something like "because I am trying to build a team". Well it paid off amigo. Big Time. A fine example of a patient rebuild. Well done bama.

And as to @HeavyMen I'll offer you this. When in 1981 Elvis Costello was recording "Almost Blue" in the heart of country music, Billy Sherrill, the Producer, was asked what a group of limey punk rockers was doing in Nashville? His reply? "Trying to rid the world of alcohol by drinking it all."

• Like Like x 4