ORFFA Round 14 - here 'tis

Discussion in 'ORFFA' started by TerryinBangkok, Jul 16, 2013.

1. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

If it's alright with the fix 'em up committee, and I know R4 is X remembrance round, but as soon as you mention Bleak Week, my thoughts automatically turn to the penguin pusher. Anyway, stick your teams in here if you can manage to put one together. /Portals/0/User%20Images/mawson%20umpires.jpg

2. Bandit

Bandit Moderator Staff Member

After a recent cold snap in Tassie... The Pit has frozen over. He is the current state of the forward pocket at the Mine Shaft Road end of the ground /Portals/0/User%20Images/frank-hurley-antarctica-carved-cave-sea.jpg' style='width: 700px; height: 531px; Gravenger, I will ensure we have enough crampons for your players as well, the slippery surface may make scoring a challenge.
    Provisional team for the Spelunkers: BACKS [span class='Apple-tab-span' style='white-space: pre;] Heath Shaw, Andrew Mackie, Cale Hooker, Ben Reid (Shaun Atley)
    MIDS [span class='Apple-tab-span' style='white-space: pre;] Keiren Jack, Andrew Swallow, Leigh Montagna, Stephen Hill (Liam Picken)
    RUCK [span class='Apple-tab-span' style='white-space: pre;] Jonathan Giles
    FORWARDS Drew Petrie, Jack Gunston, Mark LeCras, Lachie Hansen (Josh Hill)
    I/C [span class='Apple-tab-span' style='white-space: pre;] Daniel Jackson, Shane Savage, (Terry Milera)

3. Lenny120

Lenny120 Well-Known Member

1 Marble Bar v Lovely Banks 2 Venus Bay v Powlett Plains 3 Foul Bay v Darraweit Guim 4 Gundagai v Whitsundays 5 Cradle Mountain v Birdsville 6 Wagga Wagga v Gariwerd 7 Charlies Opening v Larrikin Lagoon 8 Mount Beauty v Nunnawading 9 Waikickamoocow v Iron Knob

4. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

Impressively beautiful Bandito.

5. grav

grav Guest

Bandit wrote:
    After a recent cold snap in Tassie... The Pit has frozen over. He is the current state of the forward pocket at the Mine Shaft Road end of the ground /Portals/0/User%20Images/frank-hurley-antarctica-carved-cave-sea.jpg' style='width: 700px; height: 531px; Gravenger, I will ensure we have enough crampons for your players as well, the slippery surface may make scoring a challenge.
    Provisional team for the Spelunkers: BACKS [span class='Apple-tab-span' style='white-space: pre;] Heath Shaw, Andrew Mackie, Cale Hooker, Ben Reid (Shaun Atley)
    MIDS [span class='Apple-tab-span' style='white-space: pre;] Keiren Jack, Andrew Swallow, Leigh Montagna, Stephen Hill (Liam Picken)
    RUCK [span class='Apple-tab-span' style='white-space: pre;] Jonathan Giles
    FORWARDS Drew Petrie, Jack Gunston, Mark LeCras, Lachie Hansen (Josh Hill)
    I/C [span class='Apple-tab-span' style='white-space: pre;] Daniel Jackson, Shane Savage, (Terry Milera)
    Most obliging of you Bandit. Gus and Lewis have been eying off the relatively smooth surface deep in the fwd pocket and were wondering if you could perhaps loan a couple of pairs of ice skates?There's always the risk o piercing the bag of wind whilst trying to thread a check side but we'll take our chances

6. snoz

snoz Moderator

Official scorer already in place for the upcoming battle with the Warriors this weekend........... /Portals/0/User%20Images/dog%20tuckerbox.jpg

7. Bandit

gravenger wrote:
    Most obliging of you Bandit. Gus and Lewis have been eying off the relatively smooth surface deep in the fwd pocket and were wondering if you could perhaps loan a couple of pairs of ice skates?There's always the risk o piercing the bag of wind whilst trying to thread a check side but we'll take our chances I'm sure we could arrange something Grav, but I need to ensure you are aware that once you get to half forward, the skates will be nearly useless as the surface is far more uneven, therefore Gus and Lewis will be unable to assist in controlling the run and spread of the Spelunkers defence. Of course, if that is fine with you then I will happily dig out some skates that Donald and Goofy left behind from the last Disney on Ice tour. As to which one is Goofy I'll leave that up to you to decide. I also need to go on the record to state that the rumours suggesting the groundskeeper has frozen the ice with a fall to the right in an effort to counter Larrikin Lagoon's tendency to drift to the left is factually incorrect

8. bama

bama Active Member

Mount beauty round 14 team
    Def: Hartlett, Ellis, Guthrie, Clarke (Roughead)
    Mids: Cotchin, Sidebottom, Bennell, Wingard
    Ruck: Leuenberger (Cordy)
    Fwd: Martin, Rioli, Lee, Dickson (May)
    Inter: Blicavs, Viney (Green)
    I'll be away from tomorrow for a week so I won't be able to the scores from my game.

9. graeme

graeme Guest

The provisional team for this week's home game against the codpieces has been named before we head to the airport to meet Jimbowan and his travelling party with pinot aplenty. No doubt when the AFL teams are announced and some food and wine has been consumed debate will start again. Some selection problems have been posed this week with last week's poor performers on notice if not dropped. Ins are Duffield for his debut, Crameri for a run against the mob up at GWS and Robinson after being on the pine last week. Should Nick Graham get a gig for Carlton he may be a late in. Outs are Wright (who seems to be pining for the tucker box he apparently left at Gundagai) with Elliott and Maguire relegated to the bench. Waikikamoocow Incorrigibles - D -Taylor, Hibberd, Duffield, Staker, (Maguire) M -Fyfe, McVeigh, Hannebery, T. Mitchell (Ziebell) R - Jacobs F - Robinson, Crameri, Podsiadly, Macaffer (Elliott) I/C - I Smith, Crouch (Russell)

10. Jen

Jen Well-Known Member

Lilacs - Round 14 DEF - Adcock, Carlisle, Roberton, Grimes MID - Swan, Thompson, Corey, Duncan RUC - Pyke FWD - Wellingham, Bird, Whitecross, Davey I/C - Rampe, Caddy EMG DEF - Brennan EMG - MID - Simpkin EMG RUC - EMG FWD - EMG I/C - Lucas

11. Bandit

Final team for the Spelunkers (Giles lucky to keep his spot)
    <div style='text-align: -webkit-auto;]BACKS Heath Shaw, Andrew Mackie, Cale Hooker, Ben Reid (Shaun Atley) <div style='text-align: -webkit-auto;]MIDS Keiren Jack, Andrew Swallow, Leigh Montagna, Stephen Hill (Liam Picken) <div style='text-align: -webkit-auto;]RUCK Jonathan Giles <div style='text-align: -webkit-auto;]FORWARDS Drew Petrie, Jack Gunston, Mark LeCras, Lachie Hansen (Josh Hill) <p style='text-align: -webkit-auto;]I/C Daniel Jackson, Shane Savage, (Sam Rowe) <p style='text-align: -webkit-auto;] <p style='text-align: -webkit-auto;]no change <div>

12. Lenny120

Lenny120 Well-Known Member

Wagga Wagga INS: Dunn, L.Thomas, M.Williams OUTS: King (omitted), D.Swallow (knee), T.Hunt (omitted) D: Goddard, S.D.Thompson, Dempsey, M.Williams
    M: Beams, Prestia, Bastinac, Shiel (Macmillan)
    R: Cox (Witts)
    F: Schulz, L.Thomas, Mayes, Dunn (King) I/C: Jenkins, O'Shea (Kommer)

13. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

Misfits for round 14 Backs: Enright, D Stanley, Terlich, Myers - Williams (OOP)
    Mids: Steven, Ward, Whitfield, Greene, - Ross
    Ruck: Nicholls
    Fwds: Ryder, D Smith, Cameron, Tomlinson - R Stanley
    IC: Rosa, Dempster - Bruce Welcome back Enright, Greene & Tomlinson.

14. ChiefRussell

ChiefRussell Well-Known Member

Darraweit catching the Chooks at a good time it seems. Time to put this much vaunted, but seldom selected correctly depth to the test with some big outs. Outs that are lucky for Tom Hawkins (for the second week running). Fully expect Stokes to be a late out as well.... Ins: Mumford, Broughton, J.Thomas Outs: Dangerfield (shoulder), Pavlich (suspension), Murdoch (omitted)
    Foul Bay Def: Ibbotson, M.Johnson, D.Pearce, Broughton (Emg: Harwood) Mid: J.Selwood, Kelly, Judd, McLean (Emg: J.Trengove) Ruck: Mumford Fwd: Bartel, Ja.Roughead, Stokes, Hawkins (Emg: Dahlhaus) I/C: Thomas, Liberatore (Emg. Vince)

15. J_C

J_C Guest

Birdsville Battlers - R14 IN: Houli, OUT: Geary D: Houli, Laird, McDonald, Merrett M: Ebert, Murphy, Rich, Treloar R: Clarke F: Brown, Cloke, Mayne, Porplyzia IC: McEvoy, Wells E: McGrath (Def), Varcoe (Mid), White (Fwd), Jones (Int)

16. dmandrews

dmandrews Well-Known Member

<p style='line-height: 12pt;]Cradle Mountain team for Round 14 <p style='line-height: 12pt;]IN: Nick Smith, Will Schofield, Ben Kennedy <p style='line-height: 12pt;]OUT: Steve Johnson (suspended), Clay Smith (knee) David Zaharakis (back) <p style='line-height: 12pt;] <p style='line-height: 12pt;]DEF Nick Vlastuin, James Gwilt, Dustin Fletcher, Lee Spurr <p style='line-height: 12pt;]MID Scott Pendlebury, Jack Redden, Dyson Heppell, Shaun Grigg <p style='line-height: 12pt;]RUC Alipate Carlile (OOP) <p style='line-height: 12pt;]FWD Dayne Zorko, Jude Bolton, Michael Hurley, Ben Kennedy <p style='line-height: 12pt;]INTER Will Schofield, Nick Smith <p style='line-height: 12pt;] <p style='line-height: 12pt;]Unless Ben Kennedy is a late infor Collingwood the Devils will be playing 1.5 players short. Of eight players eligible to play in defence seven of them are playing this week. Of the remaining 20 players on the Devils list only six of them have been named for their AFL club this weekend. Up until the bye the Devils had no trouble fielding a full 15 man side, usually with at least a few emergencies as well, after the mid-season break it has been a very different story.

17. Len

It's amazing how quickly that tale twists and changes Dean, been a wild ride for some, but it adds an edge :)

18. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

<p style='margin-bottom: 10px; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, San-Serif; font-size: 10px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: 16px; color: #000000;]<strong style='font-size: 10px;]Gariwerd Cockatoos[/b]- round 14 @ Wagga Wagga <p style='margin-bottom: 10px; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, San-Serif; font-size: 10px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: 16px; color: #000000;] <p style='margin-bottom: 10px; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, San-Serif; font-size: 10px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: 16px; color: #000000;]The big news is that our captain, Shaun Burgoyne, has not recovered well enough from the after party and will have to miss this week. <p style='margin-bottom: 10px; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, San-Serif; font-size: 10px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: 16px; color: #000000;]After taking on the Vice Captaincy last week for NAIDOC round, our young Indigenous fella, Kobe Stevens, has been given the Captaincy gig for this week. Congratulations Kobe, it is well deserved. <p style='margin-bottom: 10px; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, San-Serif; font-size: 10px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: 16px; color: #000000;]We are loathe to allow Deledio to try his hand at the VC again, so we have given those deputy duties to one of our older players, Josh Gibson. <p style='margin-bottom: 10px; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, San-Serif; font-size: 10px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: 16px; color: #000000;] <p style='margin-bottom: 10px; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, San-Serif; font-size: 10px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: 16px; color: #000000;]Cam Pedersen didnt get to make his debut last week, but we're giving him another chance this week by naming him in the first 15, but we are not holding out much hope that he wont be a late withdrawal again. His replacement last week, Sam Bleese, played terribly in the ruck, so if Cam does not get up for the game this week, we're gonna try out young Jimmy Toumpas in the ruck. <p style='margin-bottom: 10px; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, San-Serif; font-size: 10px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: 16px; color: #000000;] <p style='margin-bottom: 10px; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, San-Serif; font-size: 10px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: 16px; color: #000000;]<strong style='font-size: 10px;]IN: Cam Pedersen, Jasper Pittard[/b] <p style='margin-bottom: 10px; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, San-Serif; font-size: 10px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: 16px; color: #000000;]<strong style='font-size: 10px;]OUT: Sam Bleese, Shaun Burgoyne[/b] <p style='margin-bottom: 10px; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, San-Serif; font-size: 10px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: 16px; color: #000000;]<strong style='font-size: 10px;]
    [/b] <p style='margin-bottom: 10px; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, San-Serif; font-size: 10px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: 16px; color: #000000;]<strong style='font-size: 10px;][/b] <p style='margin-bottom: 10px; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, San-Serif; font-size: 10px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: 16px; color: #000000;][span style='font-size: 10px;]D:J Pittard, J Gibson (VC), B Smith,Z Tuohy (E: B Stratton) <p style='margin-bottom: 10px; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, San-Serif; font-size: 10px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: 16px; color: #000000;]<strong style='font-size: 10px;]M:[/b]B Deledio, N Dal Santo, A Cooney, M Wallis (E: S Bleese)<strong style='font-size: 10px; outline-style: none;][/b] <p style='margin-bottom: 10px; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, San-Serif; font-size: 10px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: 16px; color: #000000;]<strong style='font-size: 10px;]R:[/b]C. Pedersen (E: J Toumpas - OOP) <p style='margin-bottom: 10px; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, San-Serif; font-size: 10px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: 16px; color: #000000;]<strong style='font-size: 10px;]F:[/b]K Tippett, R Gray, M De Boer, C Sylvia <p style='margin-bottom: 10px; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, San-Serif; font-size: 10px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: 16px; color: #000000;]<strong style='font-size: 10px;]I:[/b]K Stevens (C), C Masten (E: J Polec) <p style='margin-bottom: 10px; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, San-Serif; font-size: 10px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: 16px; color: #000000;] <p style='margin-bottom: 10px; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, San-Serif; font-size: 10px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: 16px; color: #000000;]Cocky debut: Cam Pedersen.

19. snoz

snoz Moderator

Hoppers hosting the unWhits....... DEF: Guerra/Goodes/Hampton/Bugg MID: Mitchell, Sam/Van Berlo/ROK/Hayes FWD: Dwyer/Goldsack/Lyons/Rocky Ruck: Sandilands IC: Mullett/Adams, Taylor EMs: Wilson, Blayne DEF Neale, Lachhie MID Webster, Jimmy IC

20. Len

3 emergencies? You are just showing off now sNoz :)