ORFFU 2023 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'ORFFU' started by JPK, Aug 23, 2022.

1. HOLKY

HOLKY Moderator

5 of them being minor byes. (only 2 teams out) We played through minor byes before, notably the Port Adelaide vs Gold Coast bye of 2018

2. HOLKY

HOLKY Moderator

4 teams currently have 4 or more players averaging 90+ in the round 0 bloc:
    Nuytsland and Staghorn Flat have 5
    Serengeti and Korumburra have 4

• Like Like x 1
  3. JPK

JPK Moderator Staff Member

The AFL really screwed over fantasy football with this ludicrous idea.
    How in the **** are we going to select rookies in SC next year? Team balance is going to be an absolute nightmare!

Why not just start the season a week earlier, and have a whole extra match for each team?
    The do away with the bye and the pre-finals bye, and we have 3 more games for each team.
    That gets the AFL to 26 weeks of football. With 17 teams, you need 34 weeks to play each team twice (and now you can all clearly see where I'm going with this!)

4. HOLKY

HOLKY Moderator

I mean, I'm finding it interesting for SC this year. In terms of Rookies, I would assume Round 1 is where trading is still infinite. So, if a rookie plays well in Round 0, it's a free switch in. Freo and Port get the best bye profile as they don't play Round 0 and their Mid Season Bye is only them. After Round 6, the Round 0 situation resolves itself, but until then it's better to pick a starting team of players who don't play in Round 0.

5. choppers

choppers Well-Known Member

The Banchang Town Council, in a meeting on 10th November, 2023 has advised the Barcrawlers that their home ground, The Stadium, has been sold to developers and that we must re-locate prior to Jan 1, 2024....

We have been actively seeking a new Home and it can now be revealed that the Barcrawlers are re-locating to Bueng Kan, a lovely border town situated on the mighty Mekong River, and will now be known as the Bueng Kan River Rats....

Last edited: Nov 28, 2023
    • Like Like x 7
  6. HOLKY

HOLKY Moderator

Updating my spreadsheet for 2024. Does being listed as a rookie mean anything these days?

7. Wolffy84

Wolffy84 Well-Known Member

For those looking to strengthen their 2024 PSD hand, picks 8/24/37/45 are all on the table. PM me if interested.

8. ron swanson

ron swanson Well-Known Member

Picks 19, 21, 23, 26 & 29 all available for trade.
    Will trade a combo of picks for a top ten pick, players under 22 or 2025 PSD picks

• Like Like x 1
  9. choppers

choppers Well-Known Member

The following players are available for trade, but only 1 player per line will be traded....
    DEF: Sam Collins, Jamaine Jones, Kane Farrell
    FWD: Jamie Elliott, Jeremy Finlayson, Cooper Sharman, Jake Riccardi
    Looking for PSD picks in return...
    If you have any interest in any player, PM me with your offer.........

Last edited: Jan 11, 2024
    • Like Like x 4
  10. ron swanson

ron swanson Well-Known Member

A few players have expressed to the Carnamah list manager an interest in continuing their career at a new club.
    Brodie Smith, Mason Wood, Lloyd Meek, Darcy Tucker, Steely Green, Brady Hough and Billy Dowling are all seeking new homes. All enquiries welcome

• Like Like x 3
  11. fresh

fresh Well-Known Member

HNY all!

An update on FU stats - these will be back in the next couple of weeks for all of you to enjoy.

I've spent the past few weeks collating all match data from the past 3 years, re-calculated team scores (these get wiped whenever the finals fixture gets uploaded), and also gone through all my historical data and fixed up a number of data issues that I found. I've also added a bit more to the data - namely breakdown of scores by line for all finals scores which I hadn't bothered to capture before.

I would like to thank all coaches for being so vigilant with naming their teams each round and posting any late changes. There is one match in 2017 (finals week 1 between Groote and Ararat) that isn't in the match day stats or in the fixture. It was only through searching the forum that I found each team's lineup and the match report that had been typed up. From that, I was able to obtain the final score line as well as the breakdown by line so that no matches were missing from my data.

Match reports don't always get posted but even if you don't get time, a simple post with the final match score would be a great help in case the same situation pops up in the future.

I'm rebuilding calculations and league stats at the moment which is taking me a little bit of time so bear with me while I get things back up and running. I'm aiming for posts to go up over the long weekend so fingers crossed work doesn't get in the way too much.

• Like Like x 12
  12. YAD69

YAD69 Moderator Staff Member

13. bryzza

bryzza Well-Known Member

Cant wait, hat goes off to you .......... stellar job your doing !

14. bryzza

bryzza Well-Known Member

@JPK do you have a start date in mind for the PSD?

• Like Like x 1
  15. JPK

JPK Moderator Staff Member

Nope, and its getting nearer to the end of January and I haven't even realised until now.
    Better sort something out, hey!

• Like Like x 3