Pendleberries!

Discussion in 'AFL' started by BrockyFreo, Apr 14, 2012.

1. BrockyFreo

BrockyFreo Member

I wasn't expecting that! 60 SC and was lucky to get that I think.

Glad I haven't bought him in yet!

2. Astro39

Astro39 New Member

Probably not a good place to put a "Eat Crow, Suckers!" thread in given this place is mostly about analysis. Besides we are all one injury/poor performance away from a similar fate with our own guns. And no I don't have Pendles and yes I am happy about tonight because it will give me a chance to pick up one of the competition's sure-fire guns at a decent price. I just think making a thread about it is not good form.

3. BrockyFreo

BrockyFreo Member

I'm sure people are gonna want to vent somewhere. This is Supercoach, these scores happen to them all. Thing about Pendles is that he has all the hype going on behind him, so many eyes means this changes the week quite dramatically.

4. bolts

bolts New Member

pendels=captain=:(

5. fidelsfinger

fidelsfinger New Member

I have him, didnt expect much from him after the short break,
    considered 4 players to captain and he wasn't one of them.

6. jesters

jesters New Member

Thank god i stuck with gazza! Did anyone watch the game? Why do you reckon he did so bad, was he tagged heavily or did he just have a sh*t game?

7. whips

whips New Member

Shit game
    Edit - but with respect to Carazzo who did a fantastic job.

8. fidelsfinger

fidelsfinger New Member

short breaks do that often.

9. malbi

malbi Member

Pendlebury is a monty to get Dud of the Week on the Supercoach Show. It doesn't pay to be a guest on the show. First it is Lake and now Pendles. Quite funny really ;-)

10. port_leschenault

port_leschenault Administrator Staff Member

That 62 means around a $80k drop by round 5 if he scores his average from here on out. Non-Pendles owners happy with that?

11. Tango

Tango New Member

While $620k sounds a lot better than $700k, it's still a lot of cash to find by round 5 to trade him in. I think he can still average more than his current 119 points per game. His next 4 opponents are Port(120 & 133 last year), Essendon (130 & 160), Dogs (103 - 2011 & 145 - 2010) and Brissie (108 -2011 & 132 -2010), so I would expect him to get back up around 130ppg in this stretch.

12. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Even at 130ppg over next 3 weeks he will be $600K. Thats exactly what everyone was hoping for.

13. DC

DC Member

Very Happy... now just need some very fast rises from my rookies

14. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Dont worry DC, im sure he has couple more sub 100 left in him over next few weeks :D

15. H_Dons

H_Dons New Member

Magner is clearly the perfect candidate. Just hope he doesn't turn into a keeper at M6!

Might even consider a sneaky sideways Swallow with cash from Milera using D.Smiths MPP :)

16. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Luke Parker will be prime upgrade target for Pendles. Just need another rookie to increase enough. Damn JMac for getting suspended.. He would be perfect in 2-3 weeks!

Way Magner is going you could nearly straight swap him!! But yea he'd want to be your last rookie upgraded. Those with 2 premium rucks, might be able to cash Giles out early and use that cash to get Pendles?

17. Magner and Giles will should net me Pendles in the next 3-5 weeks I reckon, the points made from the early upgrade should offset some of the long term cash loss. Worst case I may pull a third trade to mean I can afford him if he drops to 600k, again the points overall should mean it's worthwhile

18. H_Dons

H_Dons New Member

All my mid rookies are 131k or cheaper so unfortunately I don't have a Parker as yes he would be ideal! If Ledger continues to vest it up then I can always get JMac in and he will be my Pendlebury bait.

I'm thinking Redden might be cashed in before Giles as Lobbe surely is still their number 1 ruck and will be coming back soon I think? Should probably do my research but I think he's 4 or 5 weeks away.

19. whufc

whufc New Member

I have a midfield of GAblett, Murphy, Selwood, Boyd, Watson and Mitchell do you think its worth having a crack at Pendles if he drops to around the 600K mark and who would be the man out.

20. gogonz

gogonz New Member

<blockquote>Quote from whufc on April 16, 2012, 23:09
    I have a midfield of GAblett, Murphy, Selwood, Boyd, Watson and Mitchell do you think its worth having a crack at Pendles if he drops to around the 600K mark and who would be the man out.</blockquote>

Ummmm.... none. If you wanted pendles, should of taken him from teh start. All of those are going OK. Leave them alone.