Pick 2 - Swan, Priddis, Mitchell, Boyd

Discussion in 'AFL' started by julz1986, Jun 20, 2011.

1. julz1986

julz1986 New Member

my trade situation is very low(6 left), but quite frankly i really dont care much about running out too early and i'm prepared to ride my luck and i've got some depth/MPP.
    i just hope to see how high i can finish in the season and if i can take out my league between my friends even better(hence why i'm not keen on any geelong/essendon/carlton players from this point)

I'm currently sitting rank 749 overall, 10-0 in my private league which is ranked in the top 1K, so doing pretty well, i dont expect to win the comp, that's rather obsurd, but top 500 would be great.

I'm torn between Swan, Priddis, Mitchell and Boyd.
    all have their pros, I have quite a lot of pies players, but no byes but i suspect they'll rest some players later on too, but we all know swan on fire is like having another ablett in your team.
    I'll be trading Otten or Hibberd too X.Clarke or Simpkin, aswell as Mundy and Krakouer out.

Who should i go and why?

anyways here's my team atm
    Newman, Deledio, Gibbs, Fisher, Shaw, Broughton, Suckling
    Otten, Hibberd, Jacobs

Ablett, Pendlebury, Mundy, Goddard, Cotchin, Harvey
    Mzungu, Polec, Krakouer

Sylvia, Pavlich, Goodes, Franklin, Chapman, Petrie, Yarran
    Didak, Prestia, N.Riewoldt

Cox, Sandilands
    Hale, Campbell

2. GeneralHodge

GeneralHodge New Member

If you use your last 6 trades now your not going to finish anywhere near the top 500. However, it's your risk to take. If I had to choose... Boyd, Swan, Priddis, Mitchell in that order. Swan is the unknown though. I want to see his next two games to get a better opinion of him.

3. Sainter

Sainter New Member

Seeing that your 10-0 it won't matter for R20 Dogs bye as you'll already be cemented top 4, so that's why Boyd 1st, and has another 6 games at Etihad, he averages around 120 ppg there this year
    I'd go Swan 2nd ecause he's already had his 2 weeks break so I don't think they would want to rest him again this year, 2nd for mine
    Priddis 3rd because his bye is in the multi bye round
    Sam Mitchell a bit harsh on putting him 4th but there are days when his efficiency isn't great, last week 38 touches 90 points and this week around 35 touches for 140 points, you dont know what you'll get from him, too inconsistent for mine

4. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Boyd, Mitchell, Priddis, Swan

Thats just going on form this year. We dont know how well Swan is going to go when he returns and lets be honest apart from 3 games he has been a under acheiver. Mitchell also plays GC in round 24 and bye is in multi isnt it?

but if your 10-0 and only 5 trades left id be holding onto every one of them til round 18-19 if you can and then go bananas from there and get the best player who is in form going into finals.

5. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Boyd, Swan, Mitchell, Priddis for mine.

Have a feeling Swan will go gang busters. Was still punching out 90s on half a leg.

6. Fez

Fez Moderator

I'm looking at picking up Swan for Selwood but looks like there isn't much love for him ? League wins only have 8 trades left is that a good or bad trade?

7. NedFlanders

NedFlanders Active Member

For me, at that price he's too good to ignore. Plus I already have Daisy, and I would spew if Swan came back well, took some of Daisy's points away, and I chose to not take him.