Polec vs Conca vs Gaff vs Krak vs???

Discussion in 'AFL' started by sean, Feb 22, 2011.

1. sean

sean New Member

Whaddya reckon? Have Conca at the moment, but it's honestly doing my head in...

Liked Conca the other day playing off half back, but Polec and Gaff have their supporters. My feeling is Krak hasn't really proved his spot in Collingwood as yet, but on the flipside has MPP (though I'm covered with that already with Mzungu, and Callinan.

Or - use my spare 150k and grab someone like a Dangerfield, even though I reckon a GnR strategy has a better payoff long term.

Though I do like the idea of Dangerfield, mostly so I can sing Top Gun songs each week...

And of course maybe I should wait and see ...

My full mids would be Swan, Montag, K.Jack, Swallow, Harris, Hepple, Mzungu, Callinan ... and ... ???

Any feedback welcome

2. FunkSoulBrother

FunkSoulBrother Member

Polec seems to be the best placed to me.

I though he showed the most out of these and should play in Brisbane side.

3. sean

sean New Member

Dangerfield would mean I'd lose Droopy ... btw ...

4. sean

sean New Member

Thanks FSB - I don't have any other Lions so good for byes ... (though they have the triple byes with Sydney and Freeo - )

Good for Leauge wins...

5. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

Of that list, I have Polec and Krakouer. Polec has to play if he is fit, Brisbane seriously need fresh legs in their midfield what with Rischitelli gone and Black and Power looking set for the knackery soon.

I think that Krakouer is still a bit risky and certainly still on my watch list, but he is also in my team at the moment.

Haven't seen anything from either Conca or Gaff yet to warrant their elevated starting price. Still very early in the pre-season though.

6. crew

crew New Member

Don't like Krac mate he'll probally play 1st 4-5 games but will have to fight for a spot after that and I dont like his speed. Never seen Polec play but word somewhere on TS was a lot looked but baulked at the price. No doubt rookies will do a lot of heads in this season not only pre season at that lol. Me for one, 09 had a good year with them but last year only about 60% were real good for me.

7. boydshow

boydshow Guest

I've got Gaff, with Krakouer in F7. Open to change depending on exposed form & team selections.

I went through my team today and decided 21 of the 33 are locks, Gaff & Krakouer are in the 12 that aren't.

8. BrockyFreo

BrockyFreo Member

I've decided on Polec.. but think west coast have a better team than originally thought. I think bris have to play their new stuff and polec has a keen eye for the footy.

So for me polec yes, gaff maybe, conco no and krak??? def not. He is not anywhere near good enough for that collingwood team and anyone hoping he will improve in value is forgetting the fact that he is a washed up pretend footy player

9. FunkSoulBrother

FunkSoulBrother Member

Brocky...almost my thoughts exactly...

I have gone right off Krak...i thought he looked slow in the games the other night. Either that or he werent goin' real hard.

Either way alarm bells for me..

Gaff and Conc need to show a lot more before they get my nod too!! Didnt think all that much of either and they are priced high for rooks.

I think Brisbane will be terrible and that Polec will be an almost certainty if he retains any level of form at all. They will be on a massive rebuild phase now. Fev gone..With all their moneytoo!! and they have lost so much Rischa, Brennan, Sherman et al. They will be virtually forced to go full rebuild and cop it in the neck for a few years. Unless injured or just cant touch it at all ..Polec seems fine as far as job security. IMO

10. Hendy

Hendy Member

Polec looked good, but is really small. Don't think he will score very well because of this, Gaff looks bigger.
    Both of these boys will play most games, just think it would be safer to go for the bigger lad considering brisbane are going to get smashed week in week out.

11. Heater

Heater New Member

Yep, agree with you, Brother, Polec is a lock.
    You have turned me around re: Krak. From what I can see with a fully fit list to chose from (except N.Brown of course) the players under pressure from Krak would be Beams & Blair. Beams fell away seriously last year though he did have a pretty good game v Cats and Blair looked like he was struggling too. If they are fit they will play. MM has his roles for them (pressure tackling, underneath packs swinging forward to kick goals) and from what I can see Krak plays a similar game. Therefore I reckon Krak may find himself in the VFL waiting for a chance. His $200K is a tad too much to be sitting on the bench for the 1st part of the season....

12. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

Krak I think will play say 17 games.

He will play in Davis role which could mean 60s or so.

Can't see a regular midfield rotation until 2012 because the other guys have done the Arizona tests, and punish themselves physically to get to an elite level. Kraks has done some but needs to go further.

Still, I'm interested to see if Davis plays off half back against Sydney.

13. yumcha

yumcha Member

if avg is 60 points ... might as well grab an uver rookie.

thing is though Krak playing will give Pies some good positive media vibe. not that Pies need it anyhow.

14. JMac

JMac Member

I personally have all of polec, conca and krakouer in my starting side. have krakouer F7 and polec and conca M3 and M4 respectively. i think krakouer will be given every chance to succeed and even if he only averages 60-70 that will increase his price enough to be effective as either a cash cow or to trade directly for a gun hhaving a lean patch.

polec and conca both use it quite well and am holding on to them to use as cash cows.

if no-one has guessed yet im using the GnR's strategy

15. Ruddy

Ruddy New Member

<blockquote>Quote from JMac on February 22, 2011, 12:20
    I personally have all of polec, conca and krakouer in my starting side. have krakouer F7 and polec and conca M3 and M4 respectively. i think krakouer will be given every chance to succeed and even if he only averages 60-70 that will increase his price enough to be effective as either a cash cow or to trade directly for a gun hhaving a lean patch.
    </blockquote>

I disagree completely with the Krak rising enough statement. In previous years, an average of 60, corresponds to a price somewhere in the region of 300k. Since the magic number is different this year, it may correspond to a price somewhere in the range of 275-280k, or there abouts. Nowhere near the rise you expect from a cashcow, and for mine he would have to average 80+ to be cashcow worthy, and i doubt he will go anywhere near that figure. Simply not enough available points at Collingwood.

16. Fez

Fez Moderator

Ruddy - i agree with you there about Krak and has made me re-think about him especially as he's not a guarenteed starter although he will probs play most of the year.

ATM don't like going to tigers unknown just like everyone else but Tigers first bye isn't till late so he should play early, also we will know early as the Tigers play Thursday night round 1.

Also Gaff is a lock for me, Polec don't know enough about.

17. Ruddy

Ruddy New Member

Another problem with Conca is whether he will get games. Richmond have a fair few early draft picks running through the middle, so whether he can get a consistent role which allows him to score well is not as likely as Gaff and Polec who are basically walk in starters.

18. denwall

denwall New Member

Polec was impressive,haven't seen Gaff or Conca and Krackour, although many seem unsure, i think he will fit in nicely with the Pies,especially considering their recent success with recycled players like L.Brown, Jolly and Ball

19. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

For me:
    Polec - Lock
    Conca - No
    Gaff - Yes but has to prove himself to keep his spot
    Krak - Initially yes but gone way off him now, agree with Ruddy on lack of points in the pie pie

20. FunkSoulBrother

FunkSoulBrother Member

i go back to my earlier comment and then add to that ruddy's observations re lack of available points at the pies.. and the difference in the magic number.. and .. and..

and we cant really be sure how he fits in to the line up.

If he is waiting for Beams to be out for him to get a game he wont see much action IMO .. I think Beams is a really good quality player with a lot of upside for the pies over the next few years.. they wont be slotting krak in front of him.

And Blair seems to be going well also.

And...I have definitely talked myself out of Krak in my team. My initial thoughts were clouded by his last year efforts and most likely a touch of sentimentality.

Sentiment and Supercoach do not mix. I have learned this the hard way over the last couple of years..