poll re ORFFF Commish

Discussion in 'ORFFF' started by anthak, Feb 15, 2016.

?

What is your preference for ORFFF commissioner

1. Anthak as commish, with Jamabadar and Bearfly as assistants?

11 vote(s)
    78.6%
  2. All 3 of the above sharing the role of Commish

2 vote(s)
    14.3%
  3. i have another idea - post in the comments

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. i dont mind or choose not to vote

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  1. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

It has been suggested that @jamabadar @Bearfly and I all share the role of ORFFF Commissioner.

If we are to proceed, we want this decision to be more broadly endorsed by the group.

I am also not sure whether having three people in the role is the best option, however I am the only one of the three of us who is prepared to be the sole commissioner.

I see the role as being more of a facilitator, with participation and engagement encouraged of all ORFFF members, with decisions made democratically by the whole group rather than just the commish... and therefore i feel its overkill to have more than 1. I believe it makes more sense for 1 person to take on the role, with the other 2 left more available to take on other roles in the governance/organising of the league.

I had proposed this to jam and bear, and it turned out I would have the deciding vote, which i was not prepared to use given it was a decision to elect myself as sole commish. I was not comfortable making that decision. Another reason for this poll...

So we basically want to know if you endorse either option or if you have any other ideas.

Let us know in the poll :)

2. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

I have a distinct preference for a consultative single commish, FA has always had this with one or two "deputies".
    Voted accordingly.

• Like Like x 1
  3. choppers

choppers Well-Known Member

4. anthak

I probably should have copied this comment from the other thread over to here because it gives a little more context too and it may be missed by some:

5. anthak

We've already had 10 people vote in this poll, with one option already receiving 8 votes.
    Even though that is already more than 50% of coaches, id prefer to leave this open for a bit more, to provide more opportunity for those who havent voted yet.

Lets have another look tonight so that its been open at least 24 hours and then I'll set a closing time.

6. port_leschenault

port_leschenault Administrator Staff Member

Just noticed our Benevolent Dictatorship is now a Triumvirate. Congrats all involved.

7. anthak

Up to 12 voters now.

Given the result is looking likely to be a certain way, I reckon we close the poll at 8:30pm Wednesday.

Let me know if any issues...

8. anthak

Ok, so 13 out of 16 have voted now, and 10 of the 13 have voted in favour of having just 1 commish, with me as it. For the record, 1 did not mind either way, and 2 voted in favour of having 3 commissioners.

I was the only one in the league who was prepared to do it it seems, but thanks to those of you who have endorsed me for the role :)

I will unstick this thread and then we should get onto sorting out the league ready for the season...

• Like Like x 4