Pre-season Draft Order

Discussion in 'ORFFA' started by Bandit, Jul 23, 2013.

1. Bandit

Bandit Moderator Staff Member

Esteemed member of ORFFA, I can't inf the thread details, but can someone (Len?) confirm how the draft order for pre-season is determined. Is it ladder finishing position at the end of the last home and away round, or is it finishing position after finals? Reason for asking is that (theoretically, although unlikely) that a team finishing 8th could actually win the comp... so doesn't seem fair to give that side pick 9. I'm assuming it is finishing position after finals, and if that is the case how is the order for the losing finalists calculated.. I assume total points? Muchos gracias amigos

2. J_C

J_C Guest

Bandit wrote:
    [span style='font-size: 10px;]Reason for asking is that (theoretically, although unlikely) that a team finishing 8th could actually win the comp... so doesn't seem fair to give that side pick 9.
    Especially since they'd only be entitled to pick 11 at best anyway. :p

3. Bandit

Bandit Moderator Staff Member

lol... the voices in my head got the better of me... yes pick 11

4. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

Ladder position is determined by home and away. Ladder position at the end of home and away determines draft ranking. But certainly worth a try.

5. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

TerryinBangkok wrote:
    Ladder position is determined by home and away. Ladder position at the end of home and away determines draft ranking. But certainly worth a try. With my draft hat on I agree 100% with the commish. Draft ranking is determined by the ladder as it stands when 18 teams have finished competing. The remaining games are to determine the silverware, not the draft rank.