Priddis

Discussion in 'AFL' started by turbo, Jun 12, 2012.

1. turbo

turbo New Member

You know what they say about bargains that seem too good to be true...

So does he represent a real bargain or is anyone concerned something has fundamentally changed with his scoring with the emergence of Selwood, Shuey, Rosa, et al. this year?

I'm tossing up between him and Scotty Thompson (in a week or 2) who has a dream run through SC finals for my final mid upgrade and would appreciate opinions.

2. H_Dons

H_Dons New Member

FWIW I'm getting Priddis as my M6 this week and plan to get Thompson in a few weeks also.

I can afford to do this cash/trades wise. And since all my mids will be playing finals they will surely get rested at some point during the SC finals so I feel bench cover may be key.

3. Yamumluvsbigcox

Yamumluvsbigcox New Member

He is a gun won't get massive scores but won't get low scores ! Kerr usually gets tag so he avoids it most weeks . Also gets a lot of points for contested possession and lots of tackles . Not really much down side

4. FlyUp

FlyUp Member

Carazzo back in this week. 1 guess who he'll go to?

5. GaryReal

GaryReal Member

Carazzo will go to Judd, he prefers the extra tag.
    Bootsma will go to Priddis and start a hairdressing salon together.

For me Priddis is a better bargain than Gablett, simply bc he is 200k cheaper.
    Im thinking to put that money elsewhere, anticipating some poor rookie downgrades next 8wks...

6. stripey

stripey Well-Known Member

@ turbo

Priddis is cheap due to early concussion and subbed out against Essendon in Round 9... only scored 24... apart from that, he has been Mr Reliable averaging 110. A bargain premium IMO...

7. Fez

Fez Moderator

Carazzo will go to Judd ??? Lol what ?

8. turbo

turbo New Member

Yep, realise that stripey, but prior to last week he'd only managed a season high of 119 which is cause for concern for an elite.

Undeniably offers good monetary value at the moment but will he step up the point scoring power you expect from your mid elites from here on in if you've got the cash to look at other options.

If the answer to that is yes then I'm on board.

9. bama

bama Active Member

Is worth trading Barlow for Priddis? Straight swap with the only cost being a trade or is better to hold onto that trade and stick with Barlow?

10. warsaken

warsaken Active Member

<blockquote>Quote from GaryReal on June 12, 2012, 13:18
    Carazzo will go to Judd, he prefers the extra tag.
    Bootsma will go to Priddis and start a hairdressing salon together.</blockquote>

You Sir win the interwebs!

11. TopHeavy

TopHeavy Member

Will be putting the VC on him this week for the captains loophole

12. haldeman

haldeman New Member

Ignore the sub-affected score and he averages 110. A bargain at that price. He doesn't tend to get huge scores but has a low standard deviation. He will consistently score between 100 - 125.

13. DC

DC Member

Bargin. Just a matter on if you bring someone in who you don't watch much off... I am one who picks a player to cheer on... I don't pick players I know nothing about other than he can score well in SC... Need a bit of fun as well haha

14. AngryAnt

AngryAnt New Member

Clarke -> Shaw, Horsely -> Priddis for me this week. &#36;460k for a potential 115ppg player for the rest of the year is way too good to pass up. C loophole for this week just sweetens the deal.

15. Gonaddz

Gonaddz Member

How much would Priddis be in a week or 2 from now? I'm just waiting on a gun rookie to come in then its all smooth sailing.

16. Muppets

Muppets Member

Hmm, I've been mulling this one over as I hadn't planned on it. His form hasn't quite been as good as last year's but that price is juicy. I'm definitely doing Morris-S. Shaw as he looks like one of the few downgrade options for the next few weeks. I'll probably still have enough cash for planned trades to M. Johnson and S. Thompson the following week. If that's the case I'll be very tempted. It'll mean missing out on both Watson and Swan when I intended to get one and Thompson to finish my mids rather than Priddis and Thompson.

The Captain's loophole is appealing but it also means I'll have to make the decision on Thursday.

17. hawks2008

hawks2008 Member

<blockquote>Quote from Gonaddz on June 12, 2012, 18:55
    How much would Priddis be in a week or 2 from now? I'm just waiting on a gun rookie to come in then its all smooth sailing.</blockquote>

If he keeps up his 99 average he will be roughly 500k in the next 2-3 weeks, so you could probably still wait a couple

18. Gonaddz

Gonaddz Member

Cheers hawks2008! Still have time in that case.

19. Tango

Tango New Member

<blockquote>Quote from Muppets on June 12, 2012, 19:13
    Hmm, I've been mulling this one over as I hadn't planned on it. His form hasn't quite been as good as last year's but that price is juicy. I'm definitely doing Morris-S. Shaw as he looks like one of the few downgrade options for the next few weeks. I'll probably still have enough cash for planned trades to M. Johnson and S. Thompson the following week. If that's the case I'll be very tempted. It'll mean missing out on both Watson and Swan when I intended to get one and Thompson to finish my mids rather than Priddis and Thompson.

The Captain's loophole is appealing but it also means I'll have to make the decision on Thursday. </blockquote>

I'm thinking along the same lines as you Muppets. In the back of my mind, I want the option of choosing a Swan or Watson to finish my mids. They just look so much better than a Priddis. I feel that Priddis is giving away more of the pie this year to the improving young Eagles midfielders in Selwood, Rosa etc and that has been reflected in his scoring range. I already have Thompson, and none of the Round 11 elite/premium mids such as Priddis, Swallow or the Rocklobster are instilling me with a great deal of confidence.

20. Muppets

Muppets Member

@hawks2008 - Priddis is averaging 110 if you take out his injury affected score. He'll be about &#36;525K if he keeps up that average over the next 3 weeks.