RATE MY SC WAS TOP 1500 2011

Discussion in 'AFL' started by teraferma, Feb 4, 2012.

1. teraferma

teraferma New Member

DEFENDERS-

MIDFIELD-

RUCKS-

FORWARDS-

2. 11kgm

11kgm New Member

Not to bad similar team to me tbh only worry is winders and porps if they stay injury its a plus if not your a little stuffed i ended up trading one out two injury players is a little difficult. Mind you i am quite worried about the problem my self

3. G-Train

G-Train Member

David Shaw wont score many points for you.

4. 11kgm

11kgm New Member

he meant dane swan i think

5. teraferma

teraferma New Member

TYPO NOT D.SHAW

D.SWAN

6. graeme

graeme Guest

a question terferma: why do you shout in your posts?

regards
    chels

7. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

(take the caps lock off please teraferma)

Also, you can edit your posts within the forum if there is a typo, rather than make another post further down the thread.

8. graeme

graeme Guest

greetings Jason, you are so polite amigo
    regards
    chels

9. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

There are better rookie prospects in the MID line than any other, it is far easier to pick a rookie MID who will make an impact in 2012 than a rookie on any other line. Also during the year, more rookie downgrade targets will present in the MIDs than any other line too.

Suggest that you might consider picking more starting keepers in FWD and DEF and less in your MIDs.

Also Brian Lake is a risky selection at the moment. Worth a look no doubt, but for me there is too much risk currently at the start price. I will use Lake as an early upgrade target if he is fit and firing early rather than a starting prospect. Jack Grimes gives me more confidence as an alternate. And that's not to say he that gives me very much more confidence.

10. RaoulDuke

RaoulDuke New Member

Yeah I would be cutting down the gun mids and beef up the forward line. Would stay away from lake until he proves himself. I don't like Winderlich coming off the knee. Same goes for porpoise - I would want o see how Sanderson structures them before considering him.

Can't say I'm convinced about coniglio, cheaper rookies tend to rise just as well as the high draft picks, but obviously the nab will tell that tale for him.

11. eagles2011

eagles2011 New Member

Good luck in round 12 when Swan, Selwood and Barlow all have their bye.

12. teraferma

teraferma New Member

just made a couple of changes

13. lezyeoh

lezyeoh New Member

Don't complain much, but silly post. You want this to be a "rolling" review of your team? you chop and change the team each time someone makes a suggestion you like? Continually get info from each person, then edit your original post with the team?

Sheesh.
    Maybe I just woke up on the wrong side of the bed. damn.

14. tAdmin

tAdmin Guest

Nah, you woke up alright Lez.

teraferma, generally on TS, we don't indulge in RMT's till after the pre-season comp is finished. That way we've all had a good look at players in some sort of match simulation situation and can give better advice/opinion. And even then, we usually have one big thread on the main page to do this sort of thing.

I'm going to leave this thread open as it amuses me somewhat, but if you find people getting shirty with you teraferma, that's why. Best save it for a months time when we all have a better idea of what's what. :)

15. teraferma

teraferma New Member

no wurries

16. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

Yeah, what Hornsy said - More than happy to discuss individual players and structures, but more in a standalone context. It makes it so that the conversations can be applied to anyone reading along, helping all of us to make a better team.

and on that not...

<blockquote>Quote from RaoulDuke on February 3, 2012, 17:54
    Yeah I would be cutting down the gun mids and beef up the forward line.</blockquote>

Disagree. You need to find value where you can and score as many damn points as possible.

My current squad has got Pendles, Ablett, Rockliff and Selwood camping out in the midfield. Which is offset by 3 rookie backs, and three forwards priced between 356,800 and 452,400.

But that's just where I see the value now- which I sure will change as more information comes to light.

17. RaoulDuke

RaoulDuke New Member

Walesy, interesting point. I guess I was coming from the perspective that every year there seem to be more than enough premium mids (after the uber mids of Swan, Pendles and Ablett) who will more or less be equal (eg Murph, Boyd, NDS etc). Whereas forwards and backs have less of a number. So I tend to go a bit harder on premiums in round one at those ends, particularly the backs where the same names pop every year near the top of the list.

Plus the whole rookie mid scoring thing etc etc.

18. SuperCoachSuperStar

SuperCoachSuperStar New Member

Given that there are 6 out of 8 of the top averaging forwards will be 29+ this season as well as Fyfe who had injuries and surgery, You probably need to have 4 starting mids as there aren't that many solid options in the forward line.

19. spud

spud New Member

Once we get an indication of which cheapies are likely to play, and which have game styles suited to the supercoach scoring system, it may make it easier.

Example - for whatever reason at the end of the preseason, hardly any of the forward cheapies look like getting game time early so it could be an idea to lose a premium from another line, grab an additional one in the forward line, and have the cheapy in one of the remaining lines where hopefully there were more options.

Or you could simply hire the accountants at Carlton from a decade ago and start with a team of 30 premiums while still being under the cap ;)

20. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

<blockquote>Quote from eagles2011 on February 3, 2012, 19:11
    Good luck in round 12 when Swan, Selwood and Barlow all have their bye.</blockquote>

Not that relevant as good luck to everyone in any of the bye rounds to not have 3 premiums missing in one line. It will be near on impossible to avoid fielding 1 donut each of those 3 weeks.