Rate My Team

Discussion in 'AFL' started by mazza3, Feb 22, 2011.

1. mazza3

mazza3 New Member

This is for people to post their teams and for people to give some criticisms!

Here is where i'm at:

GODDARD, Brendon
    GIBBS, Bryce
    NEWMAN, Chris
    BOCK, Nathan
    CARRAZZO, Andrew
    HEPPELL, Dyson
    FAULKS, Peter
    DUIGAN, Nicholas
    MCKERNAN, Shaun
    PUOPOLO, Paul

JUDD, Chris
    PENDLEBURY, Scott
    BARTEL, Jimmy
    DELEDIO, Brett
    DAVEY, Aaron
    SWALLOW, David
    GAFF, Andrew
    HARRIS, Daniel
    GREEN, Joshua

SANDILANDS, Aaron
    PETRIE, Drew
    SMITH, Zachary
    CHARMAN, Jamie

RIEWOLDT, Nick
    PAVLICH, Matthew
    RIOLI, Cyril
    RIEWOLDT, Jack
    HIGGINS, Shaun
    KNIGHTS, Chris
    MZUNGU, Tendai
    SCHNEIDER, Thomas
    MATERA, Brandon
    DARLING, Jack

2. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

Standard strategy with most of the team

Normally we wait until end of the NAB to do serious RMTs because so much can change - you could see this year's Barlow or Pods in the next round (or in the country).

For mine, you've loaded up the midfield which is different to how most are viewing the year - do you think the rookies for Backs/Forwards offer more value than the Mids this year?

Not too sure about Bock from the start either - he and Ablett (maybe Rischitelli) look better upgrade options as the year goes.

3. LiQuiD_SiXx

LiQuiD_SiXx Active Member

Interesting structures you have there mazza.

Backs - Seem a little weak to me with only the 3 premiums and no Otten. I'm not 100% convinced Carrots will make it to premium status this year, so maybe consider a downgrade to Otten as he should average similar to Carrots but a hell of a lot cheaper and upgrade Bock and maybe Newman to super-premiums.

Mids - look very strong. No Swan or GAJ is interesting, but you have Pendles so i can see why you didnt choose Swan. Lids in the mids for MPP is ok but i believe to be better value placed in the backs. Mid rookies are super quality this year and there are ample choices. I would suggest downgrading Davey and upgrade to a premium in another line.

Rucks - with the recent news of a Round 1 suspension to Droopy he will miss 2 of the first 3 games. Consider him to be a downgrade target. There are better options for R4 than Charman, see Redden, Derickx, Cordy or Keefe

Forwards - Interesting choice of Jumping Jack as a point of difference. Will he improve on last seasons breakout performance? My feeling is he wont be that same value as other teams will work him out and maul him with 2 or 3 on 1 contests. I have a feeling if you dont have Chappy from the start you will regret it.

Overall - with a structure of 12P/6M/4R my feeling is you need more premiums and less mid-pricers to make the most of the abundance of quality rookies this year.

4. lezyeoh

lezyeoh New Member

Not sure about lids in mid, or davey for that matter.
    Hard to say about judd until i see him play in a NAB cup match.
    Forward line looks very solid.
    And not sure Faulks will start the season.
    As said above, probably a bit too early until NAB cup is finished.

5. spud

spud New Member

Gday Anthony,

The TS community will have a special RMT section at the conclusion of the nab cup. We tend not to rate teams until then as so many things change and we've only got a fraction of the information available to us at the moment. Inurys can occur, players get played in different positions, teams are experimenting with different styles/game plans etc, and we don't know which rookies are likely to get a shot as they will have been playing while the big names are resting.

At the end of the NAB cup, we'll have much more information available to us which will place us in a better position to give better advise.

In the meantime, can I suggest you head over to the forums and have a read through the numerous topics that have been started, discussing a multitude of issues likely to face everyone this year. The 'position focus' threads are a good start if you have specific questions relating to certain individuals. (links are below)

Also, remember to include whether you're going for overall win or just a league win when posting a RMT post in a few weeks time, as it will make a lot of difference this year.

Discussion:
    Defenders http://tooserious.net/forum?mingleforumaction=viewtopic&t=21.0
    Midfielders http://tooserious.net/forum?mingleforumaction=viewtopic&t=20.0
    Rucks http://tooserious.net/forum?mingleforumaction=viewtopic&t=18.0
    Forwards http://tooserious.net/forum?mingleforumaction=viewtopic&t=19.0

6. anthonyw86

anthonyw86 New Member

thanks spud, will do