Rate Vespremi ??

Discussion in 'AFL' started by crew, Mar 14, 2011.

1. crew

crew New Member

As a Swans man I have watched this bloke live a few times and rate him. That said he was traded but has had at least 1 day out with the Dogs. Opinions please on this bloke. Has anyone seen this bloke so far this season ??. How have the Dogs played him ??.

2. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

Dunno, but I see the Dogs as a side with excellent depth this year and he could be one of those in and out players.

If he'd gone to another team I would have been more bullish, but the Bullies have quite a few in his spot for competition (Aker/Johnno notwithstanding)

So not for me on that basis.

3. NotTooSerious

NotTooSerious Member

Unfortunately, I think Lucas is spot on! I also like him too and think he is underrated, but I can't get over the massive depth at the bulldogs, I'm almost certain he wont play every game.

4. HeavyMen

HeavyMen Well-Known Member

I rate him but ATM I've gone Sumner, Matera & Petrie in those fwd emerg positions. Hope to start J Darling who is a great chance to play Rd 1, awaitng Petrie. Tossed around Vesprimi & Petrie a lot & on Petrie's form thought I'd go back to ruck option which is hopefully set & forget with Sandi, Cox, J Tippet & Derickx!

5. crew

crew New Member

Sumner doing things right HM. But word of warning Swans tend to ease rookies in slowly. I think thats how they will go with Sumner imo

6. NotTooSerious

NotTooSerious Member

<blockquote>Quote from crew on March 14, 2011, 09:43
    Sumner doing things right HM. But word of warning Swans tend to ease rookies in slowly. I think thats how they will go with Sumner imo</blockquote>

Yeah, I thought the exact same thing crew. I wonder if having a new coach will change that?

7. crew

crew New Member

Yup yet to see on that NTS but watcing Horse through the NAB CUP I dont think it will change much imo. Rohan's injury has helped Sumner but I think the Swans plan on 2012-13 for him. Swans have about 4 more to go in the team for round 1 so the lad might be squeezed out.

8. HeavyMen

HeavyMen Well-Known Member

Thanks Crew. I'm getting desperate to see those Rd 1 sides!! Not sure I'll cope with the expanded squads for Sunday's crucial games Rd 1. i.e Bombers V Dogs, Dees V Swans & WCE V Roos. ATM have 5-6 rookies in that lot. Arggghhhh

9. crew

crew New Member

Hearing ya 3 weeks ago rookies was only a matter of which one's to pick from a big tree but now with injuries & poor form & non starters its slim at best for round 1. Rookie selection this year with the bye more crucial than ever imo.

10. crew

crew New Member

....Bump

11. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

Without touching on our backline, because that is the only area that we are currently underdone I'll just focus on the mids and forwards.

Dogs lost Johnson and Eagleton from the midfield/forward/bench rotations. We have picked up Sherman and regained Ward from injury and I think these guys slot straight in. That means that there isn't really a vacant slot for anyone else, without forcing an established player out of the side.

On the fringe: Addison, Stack, Hill, Hooper, Moles, Roughead, Jones, Reid, Djerrkura, Vespremi, Wallis and Liberatore.

I reckon those guys are currently fighting for about 2 spots in the 22 between them.

There is no certainty from anything shown over the preseason as to who will make the cut from this list. Chances are that anyone under-performing in the early rounds will be sent back to Williamstown pretty quickly because the competition for space in the 22 will be hot.

12. wal

wal New Member

Anyone considering Addam Maric at around the same price?

Seems to have had a good preseason - waiting to see his numbers but he looks like a decent chance to be given a run.

13. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

I agree he has impressed wal, and was firmly on my watchlist for a while. However I think there are better options for his price at present.