Richardson Irons Bewick

Discussion in 'AFL' started by eagles2011, May 2, 2011.

1. eagles2011

eagles2011 New Member

Think I could become a potato farmer with these spuds on my bench. Even with them there I have managed to avoid donuts during the multi-byes.
    Question is, what do I do with them now? They are not worth anything in cash if I trade them. So am I just wasting a trade to get rid of them? Should I just leave them there and trade them for rookies coming through if I need cover later in the year?

2. Like a V6

Like a V6 New Member

was wondering this too...lucky i traded richardson out for tapscott in round 3

but stuck with bewick and irons

irons seems to be the worst of the 3 being relegated and unlikely to return..

i need someone to cover swan/pendles in the midfield in round 7, especially coz its the start of league games again
    and i'm thinking irons --> hibberd.

Although..no cash will be made and ive already used up a lot of trades

3. Bearfly

Bearfly Moderator Staff Member

Best to trade out Irons guys, been relegated back to rookie list and even if another LTI crops up he won't get another run due to the fact he's really struggling at senior SANFL level.

Take the 27k he made and get him out before it starts hurting - possibility is to trade down to Jacobs from Port, played SANFL reserves last week and carved it up with 29 disposals and is playing SANFL seniors today.

I will be posting a thread about Port's youngsters later to give everyone an idea on how they are performing in the SANFL, just to give some info on potential downgrade targets.

4. BrockyFreo

BrockyFreo Member

I won't be trading in ANY port players thanks, that coach is too unpredicable. I don't care what kind of message you want to send, you don't bench Kane Cornes, pearce etc then lose to GC.

Port is too risky

5. 911HS

911HS New Member

have richardson. hoping the couple of injuries nth had on the weekend can give him a window to make it back into the team some time soon and make me hopefully another 100k. but will have to consider things first. thank god the multi bye rounds are over

6. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

its a good question.

I think its worth hanging onto them; or probably - not worth trading them - is a better way to say it.

except if you need to cover a zero, or there is a too-hard-to-refuse player on the bubble.

i thought Polec was one of those this week, so in my ts trading games team I got rid of Bewick. still have Richo.

in my main team, still have Irons and Richo, after trading out Bewick this week for Dangermouse to move to forward line to avoid a zero.

7. Corks

Corks Member

Anthak...with you did the Bewick to Polec only to watch him rot on the pine. Hopefully Voss plays him plenty later this year given he is a top pick and the Bears (yes...the Bears) are crap.

Sticking with Richo for now, thinking he'll still get gametime in a weak side over the coming weeks. Just had to accept he's now "cover" not "cow". Thankfully enough of the other cows are reaching maturity, although the lack of downgrade options is a bit of a concern.

8. Drifter74

Drifter74 New Member

I think with the multibyes out the way for a while as long as you have got 1st and 2nd emergencies with good JS you can afford to 'carry' a D10, M9, F10 for a few week anyway in the hope he will return as I will be with Bewick and Richardson.

9. eagles2011

eagles2011 New Member

Yeah, I think I will carry them..
    Bewick should be back and be a 1/2 decent slow burner. Irons just isn't worth trading - unless another Curnow pops up somewhere. And for Richo, there is SFA in the way of forward downgrades. Still got plenty of cover and got through the worst of the season pretty well from what I hear of others. Need to maximise cash for serious upgrades now.

10. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

I read somewhere here that someone read on Bewick's twitter that his injury was only one week, and he'd be back this week. However whether or not Voss selected him is another matter, but at least he's fit.
    I'd pull the trigger on Irons for Hibberd if it was me.

Bewick - HOLD
    Irons - TRADE
    Richo - HOLD

11. Like a V6

Like a V6 New Member

re: Irons

i appreciate the need to save trades..

For my team, I do need to cover a zero in my midfield this week so I am keen on getting him out

According to what bearfly has said - it's very unlikely irons is coming back, sounding pretty grim for the poor kid actually. So is there much point in keeping him if more money/points can be gained elsewhere? even if it does cost a trade?

Fair bit of chatter about Jacobs, I wonder if he'll be playing soon.

I'm still thinking about going Irons -> Hibberd. Will obviously wait for listings on thursday night about Hibberd, but I don't see Hibberd being dropped anytime soon after a decent performance against GC.

Premiums this year have been a mess, it's a disaster..a blue chip meltdown..all rookies are green, all premiums are red.

Not even sure who to upgrade to anymore!

12. silacious

silacious New Member

i had richardson round 1. got rid of him for tapscott in round 2. I saw the writing on the wall after round 1. I had Darling from start but on bench. Never bothered with Berwick was an unknown, so i went with swallow, harris and gaff as rookies in midfield.
    I've had Hibbard in my side from start to use the MPP link of DEF to MID for Goddard and Co during byes. Heppell has also helped

13. HotPiesColdDrinks

HotPiesColdDrinks Member

Any news on Bewick? I know it was a hip injury, it didn't appear to be too serious, but I want to milk him for a bit more coin.

14. CJ22

CJ22 New Member

Yeah I'm wanting to get some more cash out of Bewick too, cause I thought he was playing pretty well in the game when he got injured. Last I heard he should be right to play, he's not exactly guaranteed selection though.

15. yt

yt New Member

sam iles and mitch wallis are possible downgrade options this week if anyone is looking

16. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Bewick tweeted he would be right. Doesn't mean he'll be selected though.