Rioli or Higgins??

Discussion in 'AFL' started by broge, May 5, 2011.

1. broge

broge New Member

This is the question, do i chop rioli or higgns to bring in chappas. I need to do one as i am only 500points behind the leader and if i keep both i think i'll be falling to much behind. People say that higgins is injury prone but i think rioli is just as bad. Also if higgins doesn't play this week he has to play next week where rioli may take a couple more.
    Thoughts??

2. Tino

Tino Member

I sold out Rioli 2 weeks ago and I'm getting off Higgins this week.

I'd offload Higgins for Chappy. Rioli has the potential to hit big scores and Higgins is known for his niggling injuries.

I dunno about anyone else, but I knew he would have to go at some point - i just didnt think it would be this early.

3. DC

DC Member

Keep Rioli!!

Higgins is on the chopping board for a lot of Coaches this week...

However I did read an article on the HUN that said they are 'hoping' he will be alright for next week....

4. DC

DC Member

''Shaun won't be playing this weekend either. He's got a lingering groin. When his general soreness settled down we identified there's a little bit of groin soreness there and again we want to make sure he plays at full fitness. Hopefully he'll be back next week - that's what we're aiming for.''

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/bulldogs-send-brian-lake-to-the-vfl/story-e6frf9jf-1226049758648

5. Hendy

Hendy Member

Hopefully.... sounds like at least another.

6. Kel

Kel Moderator

I have both and always considered Rioli as a keeper and his injury hasn't changed that at this stage. Still has the potential to give consistent high scores and if fit you expect him to be in the top 7 forwards at the end of the year - Fitness obviously the risk and some have already jumped off. Higgins was intended to be my last upgrade but thinking that he will have to go sooner rather than later. Can't afford the Higgins-Chappy trade but can go Higgins-Pavlich.

7. LiQuiD_SiXx

LiQuiD_SiXx Active Member

6 of one, half a dozen of another!

I'd probably keep Rioli only for the reason that they still have to play GC twice and have an easier run in the second half of the season.

8. DC

DC Member

Liquid...

Who else play GC twice this year off the top of your head?

9. LiQuiD_SiXx

LiQuiD_SiXx Active Member

Geelong, Brisbane and Adelaide

10. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

another thing to keep in mind about those teams playing GC twice, is that Ade have bye in R16 with a couple of other teams, so may be best to stay away from them. or at least plan ahead for it

back on topic - one of my teams (that has been heavily influenced by Liq6! lol) is about 400 points of the lead, and I still have Rioli, and I plan to keep him. I am even planning to trade out Conca this week to bring in Pav, rather than get rid of Rioli. Im hoping he comes good and plays from next week onwards. if he doesnt get up for next week, I will consider a chappy trade with him then. I reckon there is a good chance Chappy wont reach his BE this week for some reason - just a feeling.

my main team - i got rid of Rioli for JRoo last week, and still have Missy - who Im planning to trade for Chappy this week.

so not sure if that helps... thats my situation - as contradictory as it seems.

11. Bearfly

Bearfly Moderator Staff Member

12. crazyet

crazyet New Member

traded higg for chappy. happy with that.
    still got rioli hoping will pull through and rip out some massive scores, hopefully enough to piss off everyone who got him.