Robert Harvey, Ripped off a Hall of Fame Induction!

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Sainterz12, Jun 10, 2011.

1. Sainterz12

Sainterz12 Member

Seriously AFL... Ricciuto over Harves?

Who did you guys think should've been inducted?

2. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Isnt eligible until next year. Gotta be retired for 3 years and he retired at end of 08. Same goes for Crawford, both eligible next year and would assume both will get inducted.

3. Bearfly

Bearfly Moderator Staff Member

Typical AFL joke - how the hell can they pick an out and out thug over one of the best mid-fielders ever to play the game!!!

Harvey was a true champion of the game, whereas Ricciuto only cleaned up his thuggery when he was given the captaincy of the Crabs!!!

What little respect I still had for the AFL is now gone!!!

4. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Its not a joke because Harvey doesnt meet the requirements yet, He will do next year and will no doubt be inducted. Hasnt been retired for 3 years yet. Maybe Harvs should have retired in 07 to keep people happy that he get inducted this year. :p

5. Bearfly

Granted SKT, I was typing that post before your's was up.

One thing I would like to know though, does that qualifying requirement apply to being retired from all football for 3 years???

6. Sainterz12

Sainterz12 Member

Oh whoops I didn't know about that!

I was just going off what my newspaper printed today (Stating that it was out of Buckley, Hird, Voss, Harvey and two others that I forget). They should obviously do their research though!

7. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

ah fair enough Bear... I hate it when that happens...

From what i can tell (havent exactly studied all the fineprint) that its just AFL or senior football.

8. Bearfly

Still bullshit with Riccuito then - the guy has been shopping himself around making guest appearances everywhere since he retired from the Crabs, including playing for 4 different clubs last year (including once here in Lincoln) - I reckon that should count him out straight away.

Plus the fact that he was nothing but a thug for most of his career - is that the type of player the AFL has chosen to recognise and revere as a great!!!

9. Fez

Fez Moderator

Bit bitter bearfly?

Honestly who cares every play will get their turn that it's due, except maybe Lou Richards and legend status lol

10. whips

whips New Member

@ Fez
    I'm more bitter on G Coventry and Team of the Century. He won't get his turn. lol

11. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

The one that should really be questioned is how on earth has Trevor Barker has never been inducted into the Hall Of Fame.

12. Flameboy23

Flameboy23 New Member

You gotta love going off on a rant and then being told you've got it wrong!!! Not to mention your source was wrong!!! :)

13. J_in_Japan

J_in_Japan New Member

The problem with 'lists' like the HoF and Legends is that they are subjective and everyone has their own opinion which doesn't mean anything to the panel who makes the decision.

Legends are the most difficult to choose and I'm sure they are some people in their 60's who could offer their observations about players from the 60-80's that many people on TS have never seen in the flesh.

It is a bit like the MRP at the moment, one week its OK, the next it is not. The fact that only 6 people can be inducted into the HoF in one year beggars belief and if you look at the list of HoF inductees, there are arguments for 50+ as to who should be inducted next, depending on who you support.

14. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

Carey the standout legend to be inducted I reckon. I understand there are heaps of candidates (Brereton a classic comparison) but I still reckon for consistency and merit, it's either Carey or Hart. These two before any future legends.

After that I'd probably say Ablett but which one...maybe Jr will be better than Snr by then!

Harvey should get an automatic upgrade but not a cert. I think the AFL made a good choice in their updates by putting forward peers who have always been mentioned together in Hird-Voss-Buckley. Ricciuto hasn't but that's because people in Melbourne underrated him.

15. Sainter

Sainter New Member

@stkildathunda
    Chris Grant and Glenn Archer were the other two, do you think they will get inducted next year? Along with Harvey I'm assuming, your thoughts?

16. patash

patash New Member

i think next year will be archer-grant-harvey-crawford and someone from the 40s?? and hart to be named a legend.. never seen him but older friends say he was just unbelievable

17. patash

patash New Member

just a different question when does your status from newbie change?

18. Sainter

Sainter New Member

~umm, well shouldn't be long for you patash, i'm thinking 40 posts or something like that, it changes to serious or something from there.......

19. Sainter

Sainter New Member

Well it didn't take long for me, I think i did about 25 every week :), still do!

20. whips

whips New Member

Yeah, it's 25 posts.
    Is Too Serious at 100??