Rookie cows

Discussion in 'AFL' started by NumberWonGuns, Apr 26, 2012.

1. NumberWonGuns

NumberWonGuns New Member

How far away are we all from culling our rookie cows into upgrades and downgrades? Looking at the prices of the more popular choices and some are starting to fatten up nicely with still a fair few with negative BE's. Will people start to make the trades in the next 2 weeks or so with the ones closing in on 300K or will trades be saved closer to the byes? When culling these rookies is it as simple as getting rid of the ones with the highest price tag or are we looking more into the areas of our team that needs fixing up and of course what rookie options will be available at that particular time. Personally i'll be doing some rookie trades in another 2 weeks with all going to plan, have enough money in the bank to slaughter maybe one or two prematurely but need to do abit of research on byes etc before making the choices of who comes in. To me, there arent too many rookie options out there for downgrades in the next couple of weeks. Or am i not looking hard enough? Neale, Dell'olio, Miles and Pfieffer are 4 of the top of my head that have only just started. What about players we heard so much about pre season? Docherty and Zorko(Bris), Mitchell(Syd), Horsley(G.C), Darley,Reid and Clifton(GWS). Any news on these guys?

For the rookie downgrade/upgrade scenario to work we obviously need stable rookie options to come in(Especially with the byes looming). I just hope a few of these boys are around at the time of some culling!

2. NumberWonGuns

NumberWonGuns New Member

Just found out Clifton(GWS) has a fractured wrist and might be available Rd.7 so theres one rookie that could become available for a downgrade target in thecoming weeks(If selected by Sheeds of course!)

3. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

I read somewhere, maybe a tweet, that Zorko is playing his first game this week.

Tom Couch as well should be handy if he gets games.

4. The_Swert

The_Swert Active Member

I'm planning my first downgrade next week.

The early bird gets the worm.

5. fidelsfinger

fidelsfinger New Member

Maybe so,
    but it's the 2nd mouse who gets the cheese...