Rookies left???

Discussion in 'AFL' started by pollypies, Jun 13, 2012.

1. pollypies

pollypies Member

I thought it would be a good time to put the question out there, are there any rookies still out there (who may have been injured or recently promoted to the senior list), who are worth keeping in mind, or has the rookie boat sailed off into the horizon.

I know for example, I would be interested in a MPP mid. Kerridge seems to be outta sight and I think it might have been Luke Brown talked about pre-season as a rare Mid/Def, but it seems Adelaide is not an easy team to win a position in.

2. jibba

jibba Member

Gibson from the Roos

3. Hellraisers

Hellraisers New Member

Patton from GWS goes without saying...him and Gibson have both been said to start this round.

4. AngryAnt

AngryAnt New Member

Will anyone be game enough to downgrade to Gibson this round? Would prefer to get him now whilst Horsely is ripe for slaughter.

5. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

Miles could return from the GWS wilderness in the second half of the season perhaps. Still yet to burst his SC rookie bubble.

6. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

Patton doesn't seem the best value for mine due to a wildly inflated starting price for first round picks, not taking into account any of the fact that most first rounders are mids and will do well, where Patton probably won't do too much different to Cameron if not worse.

I'm enjoying watching Elliott and Williams do their thing for the Pies but am sad that all good things must come to an end when the regular folks like Pendlebury, Reid, Toovey etc get a run.

Gibson I've had my eye on for a while, but if you couldn't get a North run now, you probably never could. They've been a rabble their last few games.

7. Hellraisers

Hellraisers New Member

<blockquote>Quote from Lucas on June 13, 2012, 14:47
    Patton doesn't seem the best value for mine</blockquote>

Yeah he's pricey Lucas, but from VFL form he is a bonefide gun, and surely Job Security is paramount at this stage of the year, since you'll be stuck with any rookies you get in now for the rest of the year.

Barring injury and the occasional Sheedy resting, he'll play every game for the rest of the year guaranteed, and has the genuine talent to score well.

Can we say the same for any other rookie that will pop up this year?

8. Hellraisers

Hellraisers New Member

Of course, after I just wrote that, I see this in the news...

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/138454/default.aspx

9. traviso

traviso Active Member

Even despite that corkie. His 4 games in the NEAFL on return from injury are

"Jonathon Patton has averaged 62 #supercoach and 55 #afldreamteam points in the NEAFL."

Doesn't sound that inspiring at a high starting price. Still better than a kick in the teeth especially if he gets regular games as bench cover. So the as good as Cameron prediction from Lucas may well come true.