Round 12 could be for the ute?

Discussion in 'AFL' started by NFI, Jun 7, 2011.

1. NFI

NFI New Member

So Port has the bye this week and it got me thinking that round 12 could be it for the round top score of the year. My thinking is lots of people have there sides complete or very close to it and with Port having the bye most sides will be full of there prems. Ok so a couple of prems may be out eg. Sandi,Swan and maybe Franklin (i hope not for the last!) but injurys and the odd rested player (soreness) is only going to get more common as the season goes on. Anyway just my thoughts well just have to wait and see if my hunch is true or not.

What round do you guys think is gunna take out the top score?

2. Sainterz12

Sainterz12 Member

Port having the bye won't help and will probably hinder chances.

Top score relies on fairly popular players having a breakout game and smashing down a huge score. Playing teams like Port will certainly help that.

Though I could be wrong, the car was sealed up this week with a score over 2700.

3. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Nope ill be smashing out a 2800 in Round 13 when the Pies have the bye as i currently have no players missing that week :p

4. Corks

Corks Member

Gees Thunda - no Pies? That must've cost you a few points over the journey this year. Though I accept that as a St Kilda supporter you probably sleep a lot better and don't feel as dirty as you would with Magpies in the side.

Apart from the Car being sewn up this week, we also saw that the car will only be won by a complete Tin Ass. Dude was 100,000th or so before the round and got lucky with a heap of average players pulling big ones together. FFS when Franklin was out the winner had Howe as emergency and he pulled a 97! There is nothing planned about that. Think might have had Swallow captain as well - where was that recommendation Jasmine?

Reckon that's the only way to win the round / car this year...be a complete Tin Ass!

5. NFI

NFI New Member

Lol Corks you might be right but i still hold some faith that all the hours spent reading reviews and watching players form could pull 1 big round. Anyway hope it doesnt just fall to a lucky choice as id like to think this site plus other info does give us guys the edge.

6. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Not really, Swan hasnt done anything expect 3 big scores. Not keeping Pendles in final team was biggest mistake i had probably.. Paying off now with no Swan though!!!

7. Fez

Fez Moderator

Last year round 12 was the highest scoring round with 2808, I remember this cos had a mate score 2760 after the queens birthday match and still only got 10th for the week

8. Matty_C

Matty_C New Member

If it weren't for Buddy and Swan out I would be fielding a nearly full strength squad with only 1 upgrade left after this week (lower). But with them two missing and possibly Chappy still missing too I will be fielding Iles and Mzungu most likely.

Possibly Ports next bye when Sandman, Swan and Buddy are all back someone might go gangbusters? Or possibly the doggies bye for people without Boyd? Depends how injuries hit from now I guess, but still reckon there will be a few more tilts at the ute.

9. torcida

torcida Member

hard to c it happenin with sandi - swan out and buddy - chappy in doubt . if u havent got any of them u r :D
    got no players from port - kangas - crows or dons
    1 each from bris - dogs and eagles